What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
Spare said:
Just started reading "Contact" by Carl Sagan again. I read most of it a couple of years ago, but got sidetracked, so I'm starting it over. It's a great read.

What is it about? :)

It's about humankind's first contact with extraterrestrial intelligence. It was written by the late Carl Sagan, who was an American astronomer/astrophysicist/cosmologist. He was a brilliant man and a great writer.

beautiful boy, it's the dads perspective of the memoror tweak, it's about nic sheff's dad as he goes through meth addiction

I'm glad to hear Sophie enjoyed Lovecraft. He's only the best writer ever. You can thank me later.

Since reading one book at a time is so 2 years ago, I'm currently reading two.

Weird US- A collection of little tidbits about American eccentrics, urban legends and the like.
Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg. A bit dull and repetitive in spots, but also informative. And let's face it, I never tire of Woodrow Wilson/FDR/1960's Counterculture bashing. It also provided me with some more weapons I can use in my neverending battle against liberals.

SophiaGrace said:
Hey Electric, I checked out Kingdom Come at the local comic book store. The clerk told me it was really good. Unfortunately I'm too obsessed with buying the back- softcovers of Green Lantern to drop any money on a justice league story-line. Maybe sometime though! :)

And Now i'm actually reading A History of Germany 1815-1945 by: William Carr as I said I would.

I finished the 2nd Volume of Showcase presents. But thought I could use a break from Green Lantern because I had read 5 books of that without anything inbetween. I still have to finish up volumes 3 &4 to complete the silver age of Green Lantern.

Kingdom Come really is one of the greatest comics ever, you should check it out..

@evanescencefan91 : I just wanted to say that your signature is hilarious. XD

Reading 'Bedwetter' by Sarah Silverman. It's alright, pretty funny at times if you like her style of comedy.

I've just finished 'five people you meet in heaven' and although I'm not religious I found it quite sweet and lovely so recommend it.

SophiaGrace said:
Right now I'm reading Winter Moon by Dean Koontz. :)

You know, I've never read any Dean Koontz, which is odd, because it seems like he'd be right up my alley.

I've decided to reread "Forge of God" by Greg Bear. It's a surprisingly moving science fiction yarn. There's a sequel to it called "Anvil of the Stars", but I haven't read it for fear it might lessen the impact of its predecessor.

"The Man Who Was Thursday" by G.K. Chesterton.

Very interesting novel, but very short. Next, I might read some Lovecraft before moving on to "House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski, which from what I can tell is the biggest mind-rape of a book ever. I've also considered scanning through the satanic bible as a venture of curiosity.

I really absurd drama works of Ionesco, Albee, Beckett. Angela Carter novels O! magic realism is just amazing! It is Short Stories of Roald Dahl stories are also amazing to read! Full of dark things and he did not just write things for the kids.

@_@ I wish I was more into books like you guys. I used to when I was a kid. And that obviously made me smarter somehow. Anyways, I'm rereading the Wimpy Kid series.

the know it all by aj jacobs

it's about a guy that tries to read the enclyopedia from A-Z it's really quite good and humorous

I do enjoy books very much, and especially like Hemingway, John Irving, Robert Anton Wilson, and Orwell.

However, I havent read any novels in the last few months, so I have avoided posting in this thread.

But that is silly, because I read everyday, only online.

Here are some links.

The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. It is very comprehensive, and also discusses Quantum Mechanics and Metaphysics.

Hyperphysics The largest and most comprehensive website for all types of Physics I have seen.

Principia Discordia You either know about this, or you dont. Figure out for yourself if it is worth reading.

Latest posts

Back