What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blink by Malcom Gladwell
the power of thinking without thinking

pretty good so far, a lot like his other books

Re-reading The Tommyknockers by Stephen King. It really creeped me out the first time I read it, right after it had come out and I haven't picked it up since then. I figure that 23 years is enough time. :D

cheaptrickfan said:
Re-reading The Tommyknockers by Stephen King. It really creeped me out the first time I read it, right after it had come out and I haven't picked it up since then. I figure that 23 years is enough time. :D

I read that. I thought it was horrible. o_o

^^^ i think that too :p

I read probably about half of his books, and I couldnt even finish Tommyknockers.

I do agree that the "creep factor" it is pretty high. That woman kept digging, and digging, and digging. When actualy scarry or supernatural things happen outright its pretty bad, but when there is a POSSIBILITY of something that MIGHT happen, that is really creepy.

I saw the movie, though. It was Comme Ci, Comme Ça.

The Eyes of the Dragon, and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon were his best, imo.

I just began reading "Shaman's Crossing" by Robin Hobb. Her writing style is right up my alley.

I am reading Atonement by Ian McEwan, saw movie first then decided to read book, I never do that, but made an exception. Very good so far, I will probably watch movie again after finishing book.

Just finished re-reading tortillia flat by John Steinbeck. Really like it, really nice characters and setting, funny and quite warm despite beign a bit cynical about the way people justify things to themselves and that.

Finishing up Little Bird of Heaven by Joyce Carol Oates. Yesterday on NPR I heard a review of her newest book of short stories Sourland, so I know what I'll be looking for at the library next. :)

I read this in HS, then college...

I want to study some of the language this time

books_romeo.jpg

I really had to study it in college, so I know some of it by heart

"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which, as they kiss, consume"

I really see this story a bit different than most people

The Diary of Anne Frank.

(I don't need to put the author...)

I'm reading it SO SLOWLY, cos I keep reading it just before I fall asleep and not having the energy to read more than a few pages.

That is what Sundays are for. Awhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhh. :D

The Great and Secret Show, by Clive Barker.

I've read it before, but it's a good one. Worth a second go-through. :D

I am reading Showcase Presents, Vol. 4, Green Lantern. I'm halfway through.

Just finished Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.

Am re-reading Crow's Requiem. About a scottish guy who lives with his immortal grandad. Then he goes o uni in the city and meets a lover, has his heart stopped as a medical experiment to pay her tution fees and lets death in. Then he ages really wuick and dies and so does his grandad. Sounds honeysuckle broken down like that, but the love story between him and the girl is beautiful. She reminds me of all the women I've ever had massve crushes on from a distance.

Iit is either in the oddesy or the iliad, but there is some big speech where this woman opens her shirt and whips 'em out and goes into a huge emotional speech

big deal, right ?

well she does this to her son, and she says she is doing it to show him how much she loves him. Something about breast feeding as a baby, but it is really really weird and creepy and I had to read this part aloud in class one time :(

It may be the Iliad, though. In fact it probably was. I had to read them both :(

You should read it, it is boring, but there is a nude scene

Latest posts

Back