What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_n8oq961Ojo1qag2pzo1_250.jpg

I just finished 'Drinking - A love story' by Caroline Knapp. She is (was) a journalist that had an alcohol problem and it's a book about all the shenanigans she got up to whilst drinking and then her recovery. I quite enjoyed it.

Just re-reading Allen Carr's Easy way to stop smoking (for the 3rd time haha - 3rd time lucky?) and then I am going to crack on with Richard Dawkins 'The Selfish Gene' which I bought last week.

JHK said:
ATimeBeing said:
Weaveworld by Clive Barker.

Is it good? I loved The Great and Secret Show.

I LOVED The Great and Secret Show too! The sequel 'Everville', I didn't think was quite as good but I still enjoyed it.

****. I hit a wall with reading my Dragon Ball Manga. I'll have to fix it in the morning. Don't feel like it right now. Going to have to get it from a different source and the other source's scans of the manga aren't as good as my original source. Darn it!

…this will take forever too.. :(

Finally after 15 years finishing up the dark tower series by stephen king, and listening to the odd thomas series by dean koontz on audio book when i walk.

shadetree said:
Finally after 15 years finishing up the dark tower series by stephen king, and listening to the odd thomas series by dean koontz on audio book when i walk.

So I'm wondering why it took you 15 years to finish the Dark Tower series? I have heard that you either love that particular King series, or have trouble getting into it. I'm the latter, I have tried and tried and tried to read the books and simpy can't get into them...don't know what it is as I'm an avid Stephen King Fan and have read virtually everything else he has written.

Oh, and I'm currently reading 2 books at the moment - MadAddam by Margaret Atwood and Walking Dead: Return of the Governor.

ringwood said:
shadetree said:

So I'm wondering why it took you 15 years to finish the Dark Tower series? I have heard that you either love that particular King series, or have trouble getting into it. I'm the latter, I have tried and tried and tried to read the books and simpy can't get into them...don't know what it is as I'm an avid Stephen King Fan and have read virtually everything else he has written.

Oh, and I'm currently reading 2 books at the moment - MadAddam by Margaret Atwood and Walking Dead: Return of the Governor.

Well what happened was i started reading them before he had finished it, and everytime a new book would come out id reread the old ones to remember what was going on lol. Then i just waited until he finished the whole series and it ended up being that long, because i had started reading them back in highschool and they werent all out then. First one was published in 82 and then the final one was 2004 and i just kinda lost track of them until now.

If youre a king fan if you can manage to get into them its really an amazing series, my favorite series of books by him actually. They get a lot better after the first two books btw. Plus theres little tie ins to every other book he ever wrote which is really interesting, at least to me. The guy who was in salems lot the priest actually becomes a main character later on in the story.

http://stephenking.com/darktower/connections/

Its basically kings version of an epic tale like LOTR.

Latest posts

Back