What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading a biography: Samurai by Saburo Sakai
images

He was Japan's greatest surviving ace pilot from World War 2.

Looking forward to reading the new novel by Harper Lee, "Go set a Watchman",being published on July 14th. The sequel to her novel," To kill a Mockingbird".

gabriel20 said:
Looking forward to reading the new novel by Harper Lee, "Go set a Watchman",being published on July 14th. The sequel to her novel," To kill a Mockingbird".

isnt there a rather gruesome reason why it was written and published?

It's more of a filler at the moment. A standardish yet enjoyable read so far though.

aeql3q.jpg

I just had The Name Of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss fall into my lap. Finished it, so I am working on the sequel and really enjoying it, though it isn't what I usually go for.

Reapers by Edward W Robertson - the first 3 eBooks in the series were free off Amazon and kept me going for weeks so am enjoying the rest of the series too and not too expensive either!

Mothering and Daughtering: Keeping Your Bond Strong Through the Teen Years. It's an excellent book that I've been searching for a very long time.

Rodent said:
"The Invincible" by Stanislaw Lem.

TheInvincible.jpg

Oh yeah. :) we talked about this in the chatroom today. Czech author, distopian genre? Did I remember right?

Let's see what am I reading now?

The Portrait of Dorian Gray

tumblr_m9sl4gSAhE1qispve.jpg

2312 by Kim Stanley. Her prose jumps around a lot and makes it hard to follow, but I haven't finished many sci-fi books recently. I spent pages thinking midgets were a type of alien because of her weird style of introducing future culture and new people, and I'm still not 100% sure I've got this right. But an alien police officer wouldn't have a ponytail... right? So a "little", despite "looking up at them like a langur or marmoset", must be a human...

No wonder I've been avoiding reading lately. I keep getting these weird books off the bestseller's lists, too. Lem's Solaris was the last enjoyable read I had--and it's from the 60's.

Tealeaf said:
2312 by Kim Stanley. Her prose jumps around a lot and makes it hard to follow, but I haven't finished many sci-fi books recently. I spent pages thinking midgets were a type of alien because of her weird style of introducing future culture and new people, and I'm still not 100% sure I've got this right. But an alien police officer wouldn't have a ponytail... right? So a "little", despite "looking up at them like a langur or marmoset", must be a human...

No wonder I've been avoiding reading lately. I keep getting these weird books off the bestseller's lists, too. Lem's Solaris was the last enjoyable read I had--and it's from the 60's.

If you want me to reccomend you some books…I will.

HoodedMonk said:
Tealeaf said:

If you want me to reccomend you some books…I will.

Please, anything with sensible prose...

Latest posts

Back