What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again...

399px-Insomniaking2.jpg

Mrs Falcon said:
I can't sleep so I am reading The Secrets of Lock Picking by Steve Hampton.

Love this!
I am reading a book how to grow food from scraps

Peaches said:
Mrs Falcon said:
I can't sleep so I am reading The Secrets of Lock Picking by Steve Hampton.

Love this!
I am reading a book how to grow food from scraps

What is the book called, Peaches? I grew a little piece of root ginger. It got to produce some pinky flowers, then died off. I grow mustard and cress on dampnd tissue paper in a plastic tray. Given a week and they sprouting. Lovely for sandwiches.

That book on lockpicking..... my late Uncle Mark taught me some things about lock picking. Came in handy when Mum lost the key to her computer cable lock, but I used a different method. I suppose what my dear Unc taught me would come under Bad Ideas category. ;)

Dead Ice, the latest installment in Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake novels. It's the same as Hamilton's past few efforts: a promising plot that's cut short in favor of gratuitous sex and arguments that have been had many times before. But hey, I've read the other 20 or so books in the series. No point in stopping now.

If you are a maths student and want a really brilliant textbook what makes maths and calculus so interesting, then buy Advanced Calculus by David V Widder. :) I got the hard cover version, £20

Read Rudyard Kipling's 'The Man Who Would Be King' while the prof was otherwise engaged today. Or yesterday rather. It's a forty page novella, so it finished very quickly. Mr.K is always fun. The characters' proclamations concerning the superiority of the English and those who look Caucasian was amusing to read about. That was 1888. I found out there's a movie based on it starring Sean Connery, Christopher Plummer and MyCocaine. Highly rated on rotten tomatoes.

Currently Reading: The Lies of Lock Lamora by Scott Lynch

Books Completed: The Hobbit,
"Orcs" series by Stan Nicholls
ASOIF (Game of thrones-Dance of Dragons)
The Kalix McRinnalch series and the Good Faeiries of New York by Martin Millar
The Ancient Blades Trilogy
"The Conquerors Shadow"
"Dwarves series (1-2) by Markus Heitz
"Briar King series"

The Sea Wolf - Jack London
The Mysterious Island - Jules Verne.
The Malazan Book of the Fallen: Gardens of the moon - Steven Erikson
Textbooks :|

Latest posts

Back