What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JHK said:
ladyforsaken said:
The plot is pretty average to me really. There were parts that were really intriguing, and then there were parts that were rather draggy. The ending was just.. meh. There was so much climax building up and the ending was quite a twist but you'd think that the ending would leave you with more questions but it really didn't, for me. It was just, that. I guess that's just the style the author went for.

Anyway, one good thing was how well the author got me to really dislike the characters in the book. ALL of them. Except for one, but a very insignificant role. I got annoyed at some points, so I gather that's something good at least.

Well, I'm on page 230 and so far you are spot on. I'm finishing it because I can't not but otherwise... Don't care for it.

Yeah. So, did you end up disliking on all of the characters? (The roommate is the only one I liked.)
emoticon-0108-speechless.gif

ladyforsaken said:
JHK said:
ladyforsaken said:
The plot is pretty average to me really. There were parts that were really intriguing, and then there were parts that were rather draggy. The ending was just.. meh. There was so much climax building up and the ending was quite a twist but you'd think that the ending would leave you with more questions but it really didn't, for me. It was just, that. I guess that's just the style the author went for.

Anyway, one good thing was how well the author got me to really dislike the characters in the book. ALL of them. Except for one, but a very insignificant role. I got annoyed at some points, so I gather that's something good at least.

Well, I'm on page 230 and so far you are spot on. I'm finishing it because I can't not but otherwise... Don't care for it.

Yeah. So, did you end up disliking on all of the characters? (The roommate is the only one I liked.)
emoticon-0108-speechless.gif

I could relate, I guess, to Rachel in terms of being an alcoholic (I was bad for blackouts) but couldn't like her. The female cop was the worst. Dealt with a few of them... lol
I would give it about.... .5/5 stars.

Been a rainy three days, I'm 3/4 of the way through Disclosure by Micheal Crichton. An interesting take on male/female sexual harrassment at work. I find myself bouncing back and forth with each characters point of view. I don't know what that says about me... lol

HoodedMonk said:
I liked that play. If I recall correctly, I read it during thanksgiving break from college my freshman year.

Yeah? Interestingly I didnt like it as much before as I do now. I think being older helps me see it differently.

I have to re-read it because the kids are doing Macbeth for Lit class :)

I was halfway through a Clive Cussler book and I lost it. It seemed good, though nowhere near as good as the Secret Show book I read.
I hate not finishing.

So, onto Perfect Witness by Barry Siegel until I find the other.

Between yesterday evening and a while ago, I have read "if on a winter's night a traveler " by italo calvino.
If you are interested, my review can be accessed at the blog linked in my signature. Or better read some other person's review lol

Ugly Americans by Ben Mezrich
True story of Ivy League Cowboys who raided the Asain markets for millions.

41T5PK38E7L._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"A Mind to Crime: The controversial link between the mind and criminal behaviour" by Anne Moir and David Jessel, it's quite interesting

I'm reading an antique botany book, mainly looking at the illustrations - they're so beautiful.

Nely Lo said:
Dean Koontz - Odd Thomas,
before I've read his By the Light of the Moon and I really liked it.

I have an affection for Odd Thomas. Definitely my favourite by Dean.
He doesn't write enough though.

reynard_muldrake said:
k2-_dcfb049e-51d4-44d9-b6b9-cca26e7b994c.v2.jpg

Leave it to Clive Barker to make the grisliest torture scene sound like pure poetry.

This'll have to go on my list. Almost done one of his and though I haven't found one that I enjoyed as much as the Show, I find him an intriguing author.

Have you read Patrick Rothfuss?

This'll have to go on my list. Almost done one of his and though I haven't found one that I enjoyed as much as the Show, I find him an intriguing author.

Have you read Patrick Rothfuss

Not yet. I've heard so much acclaim about him, though. Do you recommend his work?

reynard_muldrake said:

Not yet. I've heard so much acclaim about him, though. Do you recommend his work?

I would. Name of The Wind had a hold on me.
Like an interesting cross between Clive Barker and George R Martin. I really enjoyed them.

JHK said:
reynard_muldrake said:

I would. Name of The Wind had a hold on me.
Like an interesting cross between Clive Barker and George R Martin. I really enjoyed them.

Oh, that's a nice surprise. I should read the book at some point. There are just so many others I need to get through first. Haha

Latest posts

Back