What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shadow_of_Night_2012_Novel.jpg

I'm reading through two for Christmas. One is Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Books (Oxford World's Classics), and the other is Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings (Penguin Classics). Both contain an introduction and extras like explanatory annotations, appendices, a chronology of Dickens' life, and original artwork. But they each contain different stories, other than A Christmas Carol. The Penguin Classics version includes The Haunted Man and the Ghost's Bargain, The Story of the Goblins Who Stole a Sexton, A Christmas Episode From 'Master Humphrey's Clock', A Christmas Tree, The Seven Poor Travellers, and two Christmas articles: Christmas Festivities and What Christmas Is, As We Grow Older. The Oxford World's Classics version contains a slightly less edited version of A Christmas Carol, and includes The Haunted Man, The Chimes, The Cricket on the Hearth, The Battle of Life, and What Christmas Is, As We Grow Older.

51CPjI7QmxL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51HRZul5f-L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51hOjcypldL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
The new book that even though I am still a long way off of turning 60 myself. It has garnered some good press so I thought why not..

Now I'm reading Hegel's Philosophy of Right. Seem to be going through this phase where I'm really interested in 19th century Germany (also reading a biography on Bismarck.)

Paraiyar said:
Now I'm reading Hegel's Philosophy of Right. Seem to be going through this phase where I'm really interested in 19th century Germany (also reading a biography on Bismarck.)

lol, funny because when you requested the thread to analyze you i was thinking dude is just a philosopher, far too far thunk to relate to average joe.

Finished Philosophy of Right and also finished Imperialism: The Highest Stage of Capitalism by Lenin. Still going with the Bismarck biography and just starting to read the two vol Britannica set of Aristotle. Should be on that for quite a long time...

Still reading the Bismarck biography and now my Dad wants me to read some book of his before it has to go back to the library. I want to order Critique of Pure Reason in German so I can read it with my English copy alongside. I'll never get through everything.

Latest posts

Back