What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gulag Archipelago - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
51TOjJwqD-L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Been working through Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential this week. He's a fantastic storyteller.

Introduction To Tantra Sastra - Sir John Woodroffe

also:

The Transcendent Unity Of Religions - Frithjof Schuon

LostintheBardo said:
Secret of the Veda - Sri Aurobindo

Have you read Autobiography of a Yogi? I noticed the theme so thought I might suggest it. It's pretty great :)

I'm currently reading A Feast for Crows by George RR Martin

Amelia said:
LostintheBardo said:
Secret of the Veda - Sri Aurobindo

Have you read Autobiography of a Yogi? I noticed the theme so thought I might suggest it. It's pretty great :)

I'm currently reading A Feast for Crows by George RR Martin

I haven't but I've got a version of the Bhagavad Gita by one of Yogananda's disciples Swami Kriyananda although I have recently learnt some stuff about both those two that makes me a little wary of them as well as the SRF and Ananda Church.

Decided to hold off on reading Frithjof Schuon so along with Woodroffe I'm also reading The Integral Yoga - Sri Aurobindo

I just finished The Disaster Artist.

It's rare to find a page-turner for me, but this was it. Absorbing a more complete view of events surrounding The Room, and the psycho that is Tommy Wiseau was both enlightening, entertaining, and hilarious altogether.

Tommy has someone I hope whose brain is donated to silence after death. I read it during my daily indoor biking exercise and time never went so fast. Read it if you know Tommy or like The Room. It's way better than the film adaptation. And it makes rewatching The Room even better.

I'm slowly getting through Guns Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond. It's all about the history and evolution of human societies over thousands of years, and how and why European colonization was so successful especially in the New World.

Its a good read if your interested in history or anthropology.

I just finished reading Born a Crime by Trevor Noah which was really good. I'm also reading The Hate U give by Angie Thomas, it's alright although it's clear from the writing that it was written for younger adults, I'll try to get through it.

Latest posts

Back