I've been away for quite some time but...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alas I have returned and hope to find a pen friend here. I don't really know what to say as so much has already been covered within the forum and a similar situation ensues here.

For a while I convinced myself that perhaps I have social phobia, but I really don't think this is true at all. In normal conditions I am confident and outgoing. I have a decent job and I own my own home, but when it comes to pubbing and parties I just shy away. The problem is I don't really like pubs and that type of environment and there seems to be little in the way of other common ground. Anyone interested in a nice long countryside walk? thought not. Fancy going swimming? thought not...

Why does the common ground have to be the pub?

So because I don't like pubs it seems there isn't much hope for building a new social network until I'm about 45. Any ideas?

Regrettably I'm not on MSN instant messaging but you can catch me at www.myspace.com/st3000 or just send me a message here.

Ok so I see you like planes huh? You ever thought about becoming a pilot? BTW you own a house at your age? I'm 37 and have never owned a home. I can only hope to be able to buy one in a couple of years. Not liking the pub atmosphere is a good thing. I think your well a head of your years in maturity. I know alot of friends and acquaintances I had that drank/used drugs are either now dead or in prison. The way I see you is much different than you see yourself. Your a winner. Because you don't engage in that activity you have no limits. Lonely now? Yes. Feel lost? Yes you do. Keep up what your doing and it won't be that way for long. Don't give up and don't give in. You will find your way.

Hi Crazyanon

Thankyou for your inspiring words. Yeah I really love aeroplanes. I'm so bad on the simulator though that I don't think I stand much of a chance becoming a pilot lol.

SS

Latest posts

Back