Dunno

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

Reaction score
I have sat here for about 5 minutes having no clue what to write don't know why I am even posting this. Guess will just post profile data.
I live in Provo utah I am male and 22 years old.
I probly don't seem lonely to most but I have no real friends all I have is some guy that just 3 months ago got to drunk and tried to kick my ass over soda cans in the room. My only other friend is some self centered jerk drug user that use's me for rides and money. My family is my mother who is certifited crazy (not joking really is I don't know where she is even some instution though) My sister that is badly addicted to oxycottin and just uses me when she needs something. This pretty much is a trend in my entire life everyone around me only talks or associates with me when they need something otherwise I am left alone.

Start taking a stand against those who like to sponge off of you. I know how you feel to some degree. I'm not gonna say I've got the same burdens as you, but for a long time, people only befriended me because I was socially and financially available to them. It's about drawing limits and saying "No, you damned fresia! Respect me as a person too!"

Currently, the friends I have understand that I have boundaries and limits. It's okay to be clear on that. They like to hang out at my place because they still live with their parents, but every once in a while I will be very stern and tell them to leave because I have work to do the next day. Also when it comes to money, I used to pay for everyone, but you find it doesn't actually help you become a well-liked individual. They will gradually value you for your money and charity, not for who you are as a person.

I feel for you in your situation, but if you have friends who abuse you or who are inconsiderate, be the man and decide to no longer hang with them. Even if they're the only ones you've got, it's not worth it to befriend them anyway. You're better off on your own. New friends will eventually appear in your life who will appreciate you for who you are.

Cheers!

I have been told many times should ditch the people that just use me for money and things but I just don't know how I could go on with having no one at all if it wasn't for people that used me for money. I know it probly sounds sick but I have figured its pretty much how I am going to live the rest of my life and probly thing that one day will get me a girlfriend. I am going to school to be a pharmacist so not like money will a big deal to me so if can use it to be less lonely I will.

Then you may become even more depressed about it. Money can't be an extension of yourself. Nothing can. You alone should be what makes people want to be with you. Not your status, money, even looks. Otherwise, you'll still feel this emptiness inside of you that will never be filled.

I know it's harder in your case, seeing as your family and friends are all that way. Pick just one hobby you like that involves interacting with people, and stick with it. You will eventually make friends. Just today I went rock climbing and I met two girls there who helped belay me since I didn't have a partner. Then there was another guy whose friend just ditched him and he needed a belayer too. I will be seeing these same people weekend after weekend. You never know.

If money's not an obstacle for you, something like this would be your ticket to new friends. Don't use it on friends, use it on social activities to create new opportunities to make friends.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back