Updated the forum software

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjarne

Reaction score
I have updated the forum software. Unfortunately this has broken more or less all existing plugins. That'll teach us!

Basically we should focus on only having as few plugins as possible to make upgrading easier and smoother.

There's a few things around that are broken now, I'll be trying to fix it.

Well lol. I can see a few. Guestbooks are disabled (or are they gone?). Member list isnt there. The main page which had a welcome note is not there. The boxes which says "top posters, new threads, new members" are gone and so are the box for members online in last 24 hours. Our avi's became smaller in posts but I guess that saves space. Online icon is blue instead of being green. No bbcode option and stuff and I should see if youtube is working lol

New stuff are liek User cp is new, while icons and smileys are new. Quotes are new, the option to attach and stuff are new. Whole compose message is new and I should check it lol. Pretty kool version.

did this happen last night around 9:00 pt? cuz i tryed coming on here and it just showed an error code and i was like "noooooo! wheres my forum!"
i thought this site may being erased but glad to see were still here.....

ya i'm happy to see the forum back and all nice and shiny

:D

it was very unnerving when i tried coming on yesterday and it said my beloved/ well our beloved forum did not exist :(

i'm very happy to see that is' here again
yay

:D

Reverted old, incompatible, themes changes to the defaults of the new version of the forum software.
Now some additional features should become available in forum, and thread rating work properly when viewing a thread.

Thank you Bjarne :)
Will we get our guest books back though with our old messages?

Oceanmist23 said:
Will we get our guest books back though with our old messages?

x2 on this. Its been over a week and he has still not answered. Bumping this thread up to see if we can get a response soon.

Bjarne left a message yesterday saying that he was going to try to fix some of the issues soon. I have also made a note of Nilla's missing account so he will see it.

I'm so sorry for being so much away :-(

I have upgraded the forum software again today. I hope that this fixes the admin/mod panels - it appears to have helped when testing it with my own test user.

Please people let me know.

bjarne said:
I'm so sorry for being so much away :-(

I have upgraded the forum software again today. I hope that this fixes the admin/mod panels - it appears to have helped when testing it with my own test user.

Please people let me know.

lol, I thought that was YOU!

EDIT: Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have helped. :(

Whatever you did the second time seems to have fixed it for me :) Hopefully it will have for Minus and Eve as well.

Steel said:
Whatever you did the second time seems to have fixed it for me :) Hopefully it will have for Minus and Eve as well.

I think I fixed it for "super moderators".
But probably not for "moderators" (of which there is one I think).

I need to do look up some extra stuff tomorrow to fix normal moderators also.

So far it is looking good for me.

Latest posts

Back