A Week In The Life Of...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel

Reaction score
Post what you would do in an average week.

Monday to Friday I work. Hours are 0800-1630. Wednesday I go to College as part of my work, to learn the theory side of the electrical apprenticeship.
I get up at anywhere between 0715-0730 get dressed, have breakfast and head off to work or college. Work is about a 4 minute push bike ride. And College is about a 10 minute drive.
I usually have left overs from dinners and there is usually always plenty cooked. Wednesdays I treat myself to a take away lunch with a friend who's work is a couple mins walk from the College.
After work I come home quick chat with the family members and head to my room. Where I study Mon-Tue if I have material. And the rest of the week I usually just check out all the forums I am on and surf the internet. Watch TV, only ones that educational, real life etc.

As for weekends I usually do stuff with my friends during the night. Go to someones place for DVDs or to the movies. Go out to the local club and play pool. Or travel a bit and go bowling or lazer tag. 4/6 of us are keen football fans and will go down the coast to the home ground if our team is playing there.
99% of the time we do not drink. We do not see or feel the need to drink together. Which is one thing I really love about the group.

Samuel

That's really awesome that you have a group of friends that doesn't see a need to get drunk every time you go out. My friends are mostly older than me so they don't get wild with alcohol, but they do drink somewhat frequently. I only have one friend who hates alcohol and is like me in that he flat out does not go out drinking.

I work as a firefighter/emt, so my work schedule is a 48 hour (2 days) shift followed by 96 hours (4 days) off. So my work schedule skips back a day every cycle...I could chart out my schedule five years in advance, but it doesn't follow any set rules of what is or is not an off day; it's just whatever days fall in to that group of four. I really like the schedule, to be honest.

My work shift, and hence roughly 1/3 of my week, starts with shift change at 8:00 AM. We have coffee, swap street clothes for uniform and the off-going crew updates my partner and I on what they did for their shift, how many transports or 911 calls they had, and what needs doing...that sort of thing. I worked Sunday/Monday this week. Sunday is considered an 'off day' for us at work so we can relax, while Monday is rig check day, spent doing vehicle maintenance. After 5 PM, the 'work day' is done, and we go about our evening at the station just as we would live normally. We cook dinner, watch TV, get a workout in and eventually shower and go to bed. And of course at any time the hospital may page us to come get a patient (our 'bread and butter' duty is interfacility transports, not 911 medical calls). We're allowed to sleep in a little if we get a late night run.

Tuesday morning, we trade off with the next shift. When I'm not at work, my off days are spent in college classes or responding to calls with my local volunteer department (my actual job is in the next town over). I spend a lot of off time just hanging out at the station here in town and doing whatever work needs to be done. Ironically, we get more fires and actual 911 calls here than at work. We also one-up some of the paid departments around here when we get house fires, because we often have more volunteers respond to our calls than the paid departments can muster with their entire shift.

If I'm not doing either of those two things, I'm usually kicking back at home and wasting my life away here on the internet. But I try to visit my parents and younger siblings once every cycle, and I do like to go fishing or hit the trails with my mountain bike, which is a new-found joy. I tend to sleep in on my off days, and I like to take the time when I can to make a nice home-cooked dinner. But sometimes the motivation is hard to find.

The morning of the fifth day, the cycle repeats and I go back on shift, which would then be Saturday/Sunday since it skips back a day. Rinse, repeat. :)

Wow mine is easy. I do the same thing everyday of the week, no joke. I get up, eat, check all my online communities, watch funny videos on youtube, workout, and then just goof off for the rest of the night :p

Latest posts

Back