Salutations! Lets help each other feel better about being alive...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

My name is David and Im from Southern California. I found this forum and thought it would be a good place to talk to some people about life.

I figure we're all here, or came here at one point, because we have felt down on life in some way at some time. I know that's a fact already from reading around these forums for a few days. Im sure that just being able to talk about our troubles and frustrations is very theraputic and helpful for many members here. After all, that's the point isnt it?

Because I have discovered in the past few years - and many of you can probably relate to this - that most-everyone else I know or talk to seems to have no trouble at all adapting to this jacked-up society we're a part of or their situations in life...and whatever problems they do have, they dont relate to mine, and they always have a hard time understanding me.

And then there's the people who are having trouble, major trouble, but just dont seem to want to do anything to feel better about it, and are instead content to just feel miserable and get caught up in unhealthy and excessive habits to kill the time they hate. Just excape and ignore.

But I dont want to do go down that path. So many people in my family have, and I refuse to let it happen to me.

Because I believe that life can be such an amazing and wonderful experience and doesnt have to be wasted away feeling miserable about things I cant control, and feeling powerless over things I can control but am too afraid, lazy, passive or even indifferent to start making the effort to change.

I have to want to feel better first, as does every other troubled soul on this board, before I can start making the changes needed.

And we all do have that desire, even if it's deep-down and we dont recognize it yet.

Otherwise, we would not be here.

This forum would not exist.

And everyone who has had a run of bad luck or is unhappy with their situations would just continute to feel crappy their whole lives.

So we come here and help each other feel better and start to heal.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you, talking through some things, and getting some fresh perspectives from some people who are all on the same page.

Hello everybody!

You write very very well :). Welcome to the forum *nods*

please please do drop into chat :)

Hi David, welcome to this lovely site. Hoping will share good, enlightening times in here.

condemnedsoul666 said:
Callie said:
hmm... why pick a thread that is 2 years old to post for the first time?

Laziness?

Considering it probably took a good bit of searching to find a "hello" thread from two years ago, I don't think laziness applies here

well, the OP is pretty inspirational, despite the age of this thread.....

And I agree, this forum is fairly therapeutic with the input of many helpful members.... I suspect it has prevented a few people from going into major depression or even suicide.

I personally has found some comfort being able to let my disappointment in my pathetic attempts in relationships off my chest and share it with people who have some insights into my problems

Latest posts

Back