Help me!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Loki

HOW DO YOU MEET NICE GIRLS and HOW DO YOU GET THEM TO LIKE YOU??? All the girls I've had have everything in common. They're all cute, not too serious, easy to impress, good in bed, and empty either in the head or in the heart or both. And thats ok except its not what I want anymore and I dunno what I'm gonna do. I want a independant girl with values and oppinions that I can take home to meet my mama without getting embarased, You know what I'm sayin? I will gladly take any advice you lonely people have to offer.

Maybe the problem is the places you go to meet girls. Are you going to bars and clubs? That might be why the people you meet lack substance. Have you tried meeting people while volunteering, in a book group, at a political forum, etc? Or maybe you are attracting certain types of women because of how you present yourself. If you don't show people that you have opinions and values, you won't attract people who do. Good luck!

Sweet! Tnx for the good advice, Elaeagnus! What should I volunteer for? I could go to coffeeshops instead of bars, even though I hate coffee. I guess I could do a soup kitchen sort of deal or bra burnings too (do people even do that anymore?). Would it be good to hang out in libraries or something? Whatever, I'll try that too. It's hard to change and go away from your friends, but I think it'll be worth it.

Hi Loki,

How old are you? I ask because this is probably a period in your life when you're figuring out what you believe in. I would say the homeless soup kitchen is a GREAT place to volunteer. There isn't anything too political about helping hungry people. I would suggest also hanging out in the local coffee house, even if you don't like coffee. Try tea. Seriously, green tea is really good for you. Or you could just order a chai tea latte, or just juice, or a smoothie. Independent houses rather than dang Starbucks are a better choice. You bring a book and prominently display it. And just keep looking up and looking around the room, smiling at any girl you see. Just make sure your body language is "open," get up and walk around from time to time (pretend to go to the bathroom or whatever) and strike up a conversation with any single girl that interests you.

Good luck.

Loki-
Whatever you do, try to stay true to yourself. Don't represent yourself as something other than what you really are. For instance, in another thread you said you hate reading, so I don't think the library is the best place for you. You should go to places that you're really interested in; there you'll be able to meet women who share those same interests. If you decide to volunteer, think about what you're passionate about, and then find a place related to that where you can volunteer. Ex: if you really like animals, volunteer at an animal shelter; if you enjoy talking to the elderly, volunteer at a retirement or nursing home. You've probably got lots of great qualities that will attract nice women, but you need to make sure you let people see those attributes, rather than trying to put on a facade.

Latest posts

Back