The call of the siren

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheUnknown

Reaction score
Well hello forum folk. For those who may not remember me, I've been on these forums before. In the past I've talked about two women I've struggled with, the latter one I ended up dating (being my first), then she ended up leaving me 8 months later for another guy. I was also here talking about this tease of a woman who's act followed those two knuckleheads about 3 to 4 months later. Now I'm back with your hearty yet annual heaping of real life tales, of The Unknown. Prepare for a long one.

Now this time around I met a girl at my job I've had for about 5 to 6 months now. We were acquaintances until about mid August where we both agreed that we liked each other. She mentioned that we needed to keep that quiet considering they transfer employee's that date in our store. She ended up breaking it off with her old boyfriend (who also worked with us, which I didn't learn until later), and she informed me that her friend who works with us also had a little thing for me, but I had no interest in her whatsoever. After a few outings with this girl I was starting to fall for - and some other employees, feelings started getting deeper. Her constant texting was actually welcomed. One day we finally had a free day (about two weeks after we learned of our like for each other), and we went out on a date. The date went great and the kissing couldn't have been much better. A day later at around 10pm, she had something up on her facebook mentioning something she shouldn't have done. I didn't think too much of it until I went to visit her at work that next day. She looked rather haggard but I talked to her during her break (which strangely her ex kept walking in and out of the room and talking to us). When she finally spit it out, she said that her friend really liked me and she couldn't do that to her friend. She then proceeded to tell me that she just wanted to be friends. She made far too many promises to me, knowing that I had been single for a year since my last one broke me in two. She just stopped caring though, next thing I know I'm treated like I never existed, and the bad part is that we have to work together quite frequently now. I always wanted to quit and this is just more incentive, but I just don't understand how I could go from the top of her world, to the bottom of the barrel in one day. I'd love to eat and sleep again without feeling sick. Should I attempt to get it out of her, even though she says it's because of her friend? I know she can't do anything rash since we we're supposed to be keeping the whole thing a secret from other employees. It's just a real mess and I want to dig deep and get my answers so I can move on. It's not fair to get all heartbreak and no relationship. Should I persist, or just try to forget? Anyone have any suggestions as to what could have happened to cause this? Has anyone ever got this far just to be smashed into the pavement?

Luckily my career reappeared and gave me an opportunity that sidetracked me from verbally ripping her a new one at an employee night out. Thanks for listening to another one of my rants yet again dearest forum folk.

Love triangle are fun..lol

No, don't try to get anything out of her or make an ass out of yourself.
She's not going to say what you want to hear. Which might leave you
more fuatrated and angery. You will never be able to understand her..
Can you just accept that and let it go...Try not to figure it out.

She's just detaching from you emotionally..that's all.
Bascailly she cutted you out of her life...
Sorry...but sometimes life is not fair.

That's why it's suggested not to date people from work.
After a fall out there's riff raff which makes you're work enviorment a living hell.

Rejection is not a good feeling for anyone.
Try to find an outlet to relase your anger that will not injure anyone or yourself.

Whatever it takes for you to LET GO of the bad or negative feelings. Venting is good.
It can mess with your peace and thought process if you hold everything in and keep it to yourself.

I know it's a major emotional roller coaster...Please try not to react to
your emotions.

Can you give yourself a time out ?
Allow yourself to step back from the situation. Stay out of the Triangle.

You might get a different perspective after you process the rejections and anger and let go of them.

Date...date her friend or date other women outside of your work place.
Dating is fun...aint it ?.lol

Or you can go for the ultimate thrill seeker. Do her and her friend in the same bed at the sametime.:p

I would love to date people out of the work place, I just don't know any since I spend most of my time working. Haha but thank you - I really appreciate that advice, it really did help.

Leave it alone, most people won't say even if they do give you a lame reason. Sorry that things fell through, I've never been in that position before.

Yeah I know, neither have most people I know. They all seem to be more upset then I am at this point. I never tell everyone in my life about someone unless I mean business, and a week after I did so - she made a liar out of me. I'm slowly starting to feel better though as I look forward to the hopes that maybe in a year or so - I might have the chance to fall in like, yet again. =)

... or just become a male chauvinist. Dick Masterson is the bomb.

show her that it didnt matter, and that you werent interested in her anyways. Show confidence.. Let them come to you.

epileptic said:
show her that it didnt matter, and that you werent interested in her anyways. Show confidence.. Let them come to you.

That all depends on the girl...Some want you to act like you don't care and others wanna be bathed in tender love :p I've been told that I care too much ann that I don't care enough, so it all depends.

Latest posts

Back