bored at work as usual

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phant0m

Reaction score
Seems everytime I get to have something cool at work to do, something comes up so I dont get to do it anymore. So I rarely have much to do except easy crap and it makes me feel worthless.

Awhile back I offered to work on something but someone else said it would be faster if they did it. The things I originally got hired to do, our company really doesnt do anymore and while I've gotten to do some other things, in the end they usually give it someone else who has the right job title to do it. But there are more things I know how to do they dont let me do. It's hard to explain without going into what my job is.

So I'm stuck bored out of my mind on y0uutube or surfing the web. It may not sound like one can get bored of youutub3, but believe me u can, I dont visit the site when im not at work, because i hate it. There is just nothing but stupid garbage on it, I really havent visited that site much in the last month or two because Im sick of it, as well as several other sites i use to pass the time.

I know I cant complain too much, since having a job in this economy is better than not and I do try to learn things or work on my own stuff occasionally. But somethings I dont want to work on at work (job search, surf SA sites, IM, work on portfo|io stuff) because I dont want there to be any trace of it or have others know about things.

I'm sure I'll get laid off this year though, I thought it was going to happen last year, but for some reason didn't but I'm positive of it this year they are really cutting back on things.

Time to start looking for a new job, something that makes you want to go there. I think waiting to get fired might leave you with a bad job reference and no one wants one of them, how do you explain at an interview that you were fired, they won't want to hire you.

samba101 said:
Time to start looking for a new job, something that makes you want to go there. I think waiting to get fired might leave you with a bad job reference and no one wants one of them, how do you explain at an interview that you were fired, they won't want to hire you.

I guess really I've just been waiting until I get laid off, this economy sucks and I remember looking for a job in 2001 and that was not fun at all. But getting laid off is different than getting fired, it basically just means the company couldn't afford to keep you around anymore. I did walk out of a job before so that has left a "red mark" on me, but what can I do, I quit another job a few years before that as well. What are people with "red marks" supposed to do? Are we not supposed to get a job? I swear I almost said something snarky to some lady that ran a temporary job agency a few years back that talked about my "red mark".

Yes that's true, sorry I didn't realise you meant getting laid off, kind of a problem with me I don't read things properly. Oh well if your waiting for the inevitable then good luck.

Latest posts

Back