Your earlierst memories

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An archist

Reaction score
So this thread should be sort of ineresting. The idea is to describe your earliest memories that you can dig up. They can be totally fragmentary ones too whose context are completly forgotten. For instance, I remember being very small and underneith, and also being bounced around on top of, a big multicolored parachute in some sort of childrens' daycare place where the staff wore blue shirts which I think was on 3rd avenue. I'm not even sure how old I was, but I'm guessing I was 2 or 3.

But that's not my earliest one probably. I think I remember my mom giving me a bath in the sink. After conferring with my mommy about it, this must mean that I was between 1 and 2 years old!

How far back can you remember?

I can recall alot of childhood memories back it I was 4-5.

I think the earilest memory I have must be 2 or 2 1/2....I'm not sure.
I can't recalled ever being a babie.

I remember crawling up to my father, then he picked me up and held me as he sat
in a sweet on the patio.....becuase I couldn't walked yet or wanted to walk.
I mom told me I was a sort of late walker..even though I could walked.
I crawled around the house until I was 2 or something...I guess
She also told me..she had to breat feed until I was almost 2..:p

My mom told me I was a mellow and happy baby. She said I luaghed a lot as a baby.(I can't remember it.)

I think I was 4 here. I remember getting ready to take this photo. Haha..I got my clothe dirty right before.:p
P1000314A.jpg

7 here...A family photo that's in our living room...I was the evil , piss-off child..lmao
P1000320A.jpg

Some of my earliest memories are of my grandpa coming and picking me up every other weekend from my mom and stepdad. Memories of him are the highlight of my life. I still remember singing the song that never ends every time he'd pick me up and on the big hill by his house I always tried to say, "Weeeeeeeeeeeeee" all the way down. We almost always stopped at this place along side the road called the pit stop and got a hot dog. He was the best.

My earliest memories are actually the nightmares I had as a little kid.

Sad but true.

Wow Jesse, that sounds wonderful.

One of my earliest memories is a vague recollection of picking pecans from the front yard tree at my Grandparents house in Texas when I was real little. I dont remember much of my grandpa, sadly...I never really got to meet him. I vaguely remember him fixing a faucet or something.

Another thing I remember from way back was when I was just a little kid, maybe 4-6, my dad would come read me bedtime stories and then sometimes put on this tape of other stories and songs to go to sleep to. At the time I preferred my mom to read me stories, but looking back I realize my dad had a very emotionally difficult time with life and work and my mother back then, and I now place greater value on the time I spent with him. I wish we could've had more time together...I know he does too. He's had a tough life all in all and I know he wishes he could've had a more cohesive family sooner than he did, before I was almost done growing up.

Things are a little distant between us sometimes right now, and there's new types of drama that ocassionally unfold in the family...but I'm still glad to see my dad when I do. I try to be anyway.

I remember picking out my cat from a litter of kittens right before my sister was born when I was 2 1/2. There was like a rainbow assortment of kittens nursing on the mama cat, and I picked the orange tabby kitten.

I miss that cat. The sister I still have. ;-)

kindergarden.. taking naps on my favourite pillow, it was white with green apples for the pattern.. and during playtime reenacting scenes from my favourite program at the time.. it was somekind of army show with a tank and a dog in it..

climbing the roof of the house we lived in in Poland with my brother and being yelled at by the neighbour to get off it right now! we didnt.. hehe

tricking a kid into coming closer to our backyard fence during 'water day' (holiday in poland where you water fight with everyone) by pretending that i would help him fill his water pistol from the BUCKET of water i was holding.. poor kid didnt see it coming.

trying to dig a snow tunnel from the back door to the garage.. a metre or so in we got bored and gave up.

sleeping with my grandma who would breath deeper and louder, scaring me to death.

making forts with my brother with cushions.

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
kindergarden.. taking naps on my favourite pillow, it was white with green apples for the pattern.. and during playtime reenacting scenes from my favourite program at the time.. it was somekind of army show with a tank and a dog in it..

climbing the roof of the house we lived in in Poland with my brother and being yelled at by the neighbour to get off it right now! we didnt.. hehe

tricking a kid into coming closer to our backyard fence during 'water day' (holiday in poland where you water fight with everyone) by pretending that i would help him fill his water pistol from the BUCKET of water i was holding.. poor kid didnt see it coming.

trying to dig a snow tunnel from the back door to the garage.. a metre or so in we got bored and gave up.

sleeping with my grandma who would breath deeper and louder, scaring me to death.

making forts with my brother with cushions.

Those are some cool memories you have there! Is the cartoon you used to watch Reksio possibly?

Oh, and is the water fight holiday in anyway related to the one where women get spanked for some reason? Do they have that one in Poland even?

I remember:

being at the hospital when my sister was born (I was 4)

my parents getting a white cat (I must have been 2)

listening to my mom asking on the phone about me starting kindergarten (must have been almost 4)

I remember my ferret dieing on my 15th birthday. I remember wakeing up to her having seizures. It was sad.

An archist said:
Is the cartoon you used to watch Reksio possibly?

it wasnt a cartoon. it was something like a polish version of Hogan's Heros. thanks for the link to reksio though, i remember that cartoon. we used to be amused by the fact that if you said reksio over and over it sounded like siorek, which is means weiner or willy in polish..kids..hehe.

An archist said:
Oh, and is the water fight holiday in anyway related to the one where women get spanked for some reason? Do they have that one in Poland even?

some people think it exists, theyre mostly in jail though cuddling up to a giant hairy gorilla with lipstick on his beard.

I remember sticking one of those long, skinny balloons down the back of my pants and pretending I was a dog. I think I was 16.

Just kidding! I was something like 2 or 3. Honest!

I remember when I was about 1 1/2, we visited a friend of my dad. The friend's kid had a hamster in a ball.

Then, we went to Korea, and I have no idea how old I was for these memories, other than between 1 1/2 and 4.

My grandfather and I chased birds out of the fields at the family farm.
There was a HUGE cow. I'm sure it was not so huge, but I was so small.
This little boy had a crush on me, but I did not like him. This angered him, and he threw one of those huge gray concrete brick things at my head. I bled a lot.
I fell down these concrete stairs. I might have been pushed by the kid who liked me.

I remember blackness then climbing on a gaint stuffed animal a very long time after the blackness. i remember the blackness very well. just absolutely nothing. i always wonder about it. wow. i was dead. was i? i had to be. we are who we are given we are but the void we are the factory we are the tools we are the workers we are the machines we are the sky the consumer the ground the walls the roof. when we aren't born we are everything but nothing.

just thinking about what if nothing was nothing can send a chill down your spine. because technically. a new reality is created when u die. so everything's a lie.

my earliest memories a pretty depressing

1. Kids laughing at me at the day care because I cried a lot ... I was probably 4
2. this one is funny, some guys were picking on my sister after she picked me up from day care so I got angry and started attacking them... I was probably 4 as well.

Lawliet said:
my earliest memories a pretty depressing

1. Kids laughing at me at the day care because I cried a lot ... I was probably 4
2. this one is funny, some guys were picking on my sister after she picked me up from day care so I got angry and started attacking them... I was probably 4 as well.

Aw lol the second one is great.

One of my earliest memories is when I was a toddler - only just learning how to walk I think, so maybe one-ish - and I wanted to copy my dad, so I got a couple of tubs of cream and vaseline and slathered it all over my hair (whilst hiding underneath a table so that I wouldn't get caught.) I was imitating the way my dad put on his hair gel.

Unfortunately, it couldn't be washed out because it had completely clogged up my hair, so my head was shaved :( hahaha

PoisonFlowers said:
Aw lol the second one is great.

One of my earliest memories is when I was a toddler - only just learning how to walk I think, so maybe one-ish - and I wanted to copy my dad, so I got a couple of tubs of cream and vaseline and slathered it all over my hair (whilst hiding underneath a table so that I wouldn't get caught.) I was imitating the way my dad put on his hair gel.

Unfortunately, it couldn't be washed out because it had completely clogged up my hair, so my head was shaved :( hahaha

So you probably looked like a pretty hardcore 1yr old xD. your parents should have taken pictures haha.

One of my earliest memories is staring at the comics section of the paper (Garfield in particular) and telling myself that one day I would be able to read them. I was 4 or 5 and sitting in the car with my family. I didn't speak until I was 5 and when I did I would say things like "me want that" I remember in that car my family was talking over me about me thinking that I couldn't understand them. I did though. I knew exactly what they were saying. I just thought that it was funny to watch them try and get me to speak. I just didn't want to:p. Kidda funny

I remember moving, my family was carrying me around when we moved. I remember my pacifier and where we got them, and when I stopped sucking on them. I remember first day of Kinderkarten. My first nightmare involved a gorilla and the playground. I remember my baby bed, don't remember the details on how it looked. I remember bathing with my cousin (hella weird thing to remember now that we're old).

Latest posts

Back