Let's make this the most responded forum ever!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

A copy of the one on MovieCodec Forums. I thank Oddball is cool for starting that.

Yeh man this topic will have to do some work to catch up with the other most responded forum. It's gonna require some insane posting.

Being Lonely is not about turning a forum into a most responded one.. being lonely is trying to reach out and find a friend.. MORE IMPORTANT THAN A FORUM.. BUT LETS BEAT LONELINESS AND MAKE FRIENDS!!!

What do you all say?

paula4u said:
Being Lonely is not about turning a forum into a most responded one.. being lonely is trying to reach out and find a friend.. MORE IMPORTANT THAN A FORUM.. BUT LETS BEAT LONELINESS AND MAKE FRIENDS!!!

What do you all say?

I say fly on little butterfly, but we gots to make this forum the most responded topic in a forum about loneliness. Even lonely people have to achieve ! Take me for example I get a sense of achievement about having so many nnnn's in my name, though i get the feeling that this is due to some person gradually trying to take out the name loneliness.

I'm amazed at people's hesitance to post on this site. This thread got 110 views an only 4 posts. Can it be that people feel shame if they admit their loneliness?

Frecconia said:
I'm amazed at people's hesitance to post on this site. This thread got 110 views an only 4 posts. Can it be that people feel shame if they admit their loneliness?

I'm sure it's true for some. But I assume many, as I do, have trouble communicating, and are perhaps building up courage to 'reach out' ...And others don't know what to say, or feel they have nothing worth saying.

Most, however, are likely seeking answers or inspiration, and perhaps they leave if they can't find exactly what they were looking for.

Also, the "Most Responded" topic at moviecodec.com is the original and prefered version, I think, considering they add like fifty pages per day, hehe. :)

Frecconia said:
Why do you think more people were posting on that forum and not this one?

Well, sometimes late at night, I've been walking and walking, not a soul in sight -then when I've approached a traffic light, suddenly there were like three cars and one other pedestrian -and we had all converged at that instant of our plight...

I really can't explain what causes this phenomenon, but many with whom I've spoken in this regard, attest to having had similar recurrences in their daily lives.

Aside from this 'spontaneous' factor, I would guess that the other forum is simply more popular due to familiarity, and the fact that it's had way more time to grow.

Nice to meet you, by the way. :)

Aside from this 'spontaneous' factor, I would guess that the other forum is simply more popular due to familiarity, and the fact that it's had way more time to grow.

True, this site is quite new. But there is some difference in "effectiveness" from moviecodec.com. Where on moviecodec.com there is perhaps 500 unique visitors for each post, on this site it is much different. Here there is less than 50 unique visitors per post (so the traffic is much more targeted).

A forum is always hard to start as most people just leave and never bother to post if there aren't many posts in the first place. But the bigger the forum gets the more likely a visitor is to post. So it should go faster and faster for each passing day. (and I think it's going quite well, with up to 4 new members each day already)

Of course you guys could also be nice, if you like this site, to promote it and tell your friends about it, or to link to it from your homepages etc.

Lastly, remember that I always welcome your feedback! It is you that best knows what you want, so I will always listen to any requests, suggestions etc.

Frecconia said:

Maybe it's not shame but shyness, I imagine a large cause of loneliness is shyness. So while those people are interested in what others have to say on the topic they may not be willing to put themselves out on a limb. That's not to say that you're wrong necessarily, people may inded be ashamed by their loneliness. Loneliness is considered a weakness and many are ashamed to admit weakness (myself included, thank god for the anonymity provided by the internet).

Why has this site to grow fast....? Now I am liking its pace...There seems to be here good people that has something to say about loneliness and well able to support new members...Would be worse if there were many more posts but full of crap. I guess good things take time to fully develope.

Hi frecconia, I am agree with you too... Sometimes I don't want people to know that I feel lonely ...It feels like I am inadecuate and a failure and a bad person...I suppose it is not all me ...just I learnt to think that way. When we people feel lonely sometimes do anything to get atention wich makes another people go away...and also some people measure themselves and the rest depending of how popular they are ( if not body is around you...maybe you are not worth it.....is the thought ). No wonder feeling lonely produces shame

Again, Vida you make some strong points. I am ashamed that I'm lonely and have difficulty making friends. My sister has friends at work that she goes out with but is not a very social person. She has problems making friends as well which is why sometimes when I'm invited to functions where there are only a few people I now I don't want her to come because I feel that the new people can read our faces and see that we are shy. I think that they'll think, "Oh. Look at the two sisters who are freaks." which is an irrational thought. I have to work to get past these thoughts because they don't help with my shyness or self-esteem.

Hello Eeryone,

What a day I've had, another row, more tears and fears............but I know I am right for once, its half moon tonight going to do my loops on my broomstick and fly.. around it.. Whoopie..... Lets have fun... !

Dear people,monk,Frecconia....Id like to say Hi and nice to meet ya what a blessing to have a place where we can meet new friends .....it's a lonely life without someone to talk to..to cry to..to just be together in spirit...so hello my new friends I'm so glad to meet someone... one who understands how much pain it is to be lonely...but now we do have someone to talk to...cause even though you are miles away you are here in my heart.......

Latest posts

Back