Dating Sites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Sigh*

Reaction score
Anyone tried dating sites? How do you think of them? Bad experiences? Good experiences?

I've tried them. I tried eharmony, match.com, chemistry.com, and this facebook thing.

Eharmony couldn't find any matches for me. I've tried a few times there but they always say unable to match you at this time.

I tried match.com but got discouraged after about 5 months and quit. Just could not get anyone interested. I did chemistry.com at the same time as this and same story.

The facebook datepad thing is pretty much just a joke.

I've been thinking of trying out bbwromance.com but havn't yet. I just wonder if I'll find any luck there since the other's didn't get me anywhere.

But I do know someone who met his wife on eharmony.

I've tried plentyoffish.com. In my experience, I don't think anyone really takes it seriously.

Try these free dating sites.
Datehookup.com or plentyoffish.com

You'll have just as much luck as the other sites.
I've only sent out e-mails 3 to women within 50 miles of where I live.
Finacailly I can't really afford to get into a relationship or date at the moment.
I actaully got a date...2 replies out of 3 ain't bad..lol

However I know I'm of capiable of doing it, when I can afford it.
I actaully e-mail a couple of women regularly. Plenty of women hits
on my profile...even though there's nothing in it..lol

I've e-mail 10 women back and forth from around the country within a week of signing up.
I just talk to them like they're friends...becuase i'm not really into RDL.

I havn't even sent out an email on plentyoffish. I just scanned through it.
There's like 5-10 women locally that's active.

I also have an account on interpal. I talk to people from all around the world.
I can go on there all day and talk to russian or europian women all day...lol
We just chit chat..about life. What this dose is help me learnd how to women
on line.

The same rules apply ...you just have to keep throwing yourself out there
as in real life. Poeple return my mails from interpals...but I have to keep
sending them out. I get bored with the whole internet stuff after a while.lol

There's not much movement of women in my local area or town, in any of the sites
(I think that would be the same with other site)

I didn't complete my account on match.com.
However it allowed me to scanned through single women in my local area that signed up..which is
about the same as the free site...lol (not many).

Anyway..be aware of scammers.
Don't send money to anyone.

I tried OKCupid.com . I talked with a few gals over it, and almost went to go see one though I don't think it'd have been viable (considerable distance), and eventually she stopped talking to me (come to find out on her myspace she's with some other dude). Exact same thing happened with another girl a few months prior.

I think it's worth a try, because it is free.

You could also try Craigslist...but if you get a date from it I'd definitely bring a firearm, baseball bat, and a Class A Hazmat suit. From what I've heard, you never know what's going to come from craigslist :p

I've tried OKCupid and nah, it doesn't work if you want something serious.

I guess 90% of the time I get weird people and perverts. I was even offered to go on a "fun" trip to Taiwan. :S
It's probably easier to get replies if you are female.
But honestly, if you really want to join these sites, don't take it too seriously. Most of the people there are either single and horny, looking for friends (a small percentage) or swinging couples.
Well, that's my opinion at least. I don't feel comfortable getting all serious with someone halfway across the world and have never met him. Seriously, when your only communication method is some messenger, it can't be serious. lol.

blue_azure said:
Most of the people there are either single and horny, looking for friends (a small percentage)

That's good enough for me :p (though not the swinging couples part)

Actually, I'm liking OkCupid. I was using Plentyoffish for a while bit I didn't have much luck on it. Maybe other guys will do better than I did on there.

But for me, OkCupid is way better than POF. I ended up deleting my POF profile.

Try the "are you interested" app on facebook. It did wonders for me :)

POF sucks!
Okay, okay...maybe not. *cough* But either way, no luck for me (as you can clearly see). :p

And then I gotta post all this long crap about what a wonderful kind heart, great laugh, great ass blahblahblah that I have, to fill out my profile.
It seems as if when I start chatting to people, they just stop replying. o_O The hell?!

But either way, don't do it like the way these online daters did, posting things like this:

"Desperately lonely loser, SWM,32,miserable,apathetic, tired of tv and watching my roomates hair fall out. Seeks depressed, unattractive SWF, 25-32, no sense of humor, for long talks about the macabre.
or
SWM looking for blind female, any race or age. But of course blind people can't read-Fix me up with your friends.
or
Bitter, disillusioned SM recently rejected by longtime fiancee seeks decent, reliable woman, If such a thing exists in this cruel world of hatchet faced witches."

And Craigslist is er...quite interesting. But on a more serious note, try a few websites and go on from there. :)

*Sigh* said:
Anyone tried dating sites? How do you think of them? Bad experiences? Good experiences?

OkCupid may as well be called OkBootyCall. Good lord.

A lot of the people on those sites (especially the free ones) seem to have just one aim in mind: a physical relationship rather than a more meaningful one, and I don't have a problem with that as long as people are upfront about what they want. But that's one of life's trickier problems, isn't it?

Even on paid sites like Match.com, it was hard trying to separate the serious guys from the ones just out for a piece. I gave up and unsubscribed. It was just not worth the effort.

i havent tried one but i have been on to look at the profiles, after 30mins or so of looking i felt tired and realised that i must not really be that interested in finding a girlfriend in all honesty. seemed like such an exhaustive expedition just reading through all the checklist criteria of what people want..want..want..and then some.

my mother however cruises a number of the sites.. plentyofish for one.. and others (i forget).. she chats and meets for coffee/tea. has gone through about 10-15 guys in the last year or so.. the last one was in jail recently for having intimate relations with a 14yr old when he was 55. needless to say she hasnt found anyone yet.

im to needy, and to much of a romantic, for a dating site to work for me. ive tried plentyoffish, datehookup, mingle2, okcupid, nolongerlonely, etc. ill chat with people, but its just not there, and i dont want just sex...

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
seemed like such an exhaustive expedition just reading through all the checklist criteria of what people want..want..want..and then some.

Seriously, it's like shopping for an apartment instead of finding a loving companion.

cheaptrickfan said:
PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
seemed like such an exhaustive expedition just reading through all the checklist criteria of what people want..want..want..and then some.

Seriously, it's like shopping for an apartment instead of finding a loving companion.

mm.. is it just me or is there this element of people seaching for someone that will 'look good' with their life?

..ok, fine, maybe you have a goodish heart, smart enough i guess, looks are passable and your job is fine.. but.. will you go with my couch?

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
cheaptrickfan said:
PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:

mm.. is it just me or is there this element of people seaching for someone that will 'look good' with their life?

..ok, fine, maybe you have a goodish heart, smart enough i guess, looks are passable and your job is fine.. but.. will you go with my couch?

...Or look good hanging off someone's arm when they go out with friends. So an accessory like, a belt, a tie, a necklace, a significant other, a watch.

Yeah. That's the ticket.

I'm on OKCupid but haven't got round to actually contacting anyone yet. It's nice to know that it's there for when I feel like using it.

I use OkCupid for friendship. I actually have met some really delightful guys on there who are so very much my type... but I can never get myself over that "I just want to be friends" hump, and none of them ever like me enough to try to help me over it, either.

cheaptrickfan said:
Even on paid sites like Match.com, it was hard trying to separate the serious guys from the ones just out for a piece. I gave up and unsubscribed. It was just not worth the effort.

There it is hard enough to separate out the married guys.

I'm just tired & burned out on silly
ignorant sex addicted control freaks!
I hate how loose & morally sick
many men are today!!!
Alot of women are too.
Some of my female friends think I'm
strange because I'm not into sexing
every sexy man I meet!!! It makes
me sooooo freakin angry!

Latest posts

Back