Yes being so lonely emotionally

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lifequanta

I wonder what prevents me from having a satisfying & emotionally close relationship ?

Maybe you are just shy and unable to trust anyone to open up to others. I think thats the reason for me. I don't know anyone I can trust to tell how I feel since I've experienced teasing and people letting me down in the past.

Hi Lifequanta-

Have you had relationships in the past or is it more recently that you've been alone? If you've had relationships in the past, maybe you're just going through a dry spell right now. If you've never had much luck getting close to people, you're like a lot of us here (including me).

Please if you could, define a close relationship that would be satisfying for you.

I understand you're putting yourself pretty blunt but we're all in different situations with different emotional needs and wants so if you could explain your situation and what you would want out of it a bit more clearly I think I could give you better advice, I mean in the end we all want satisfaction especially emotionally.

maybe i don't want to open up to people but actually i can always find smb with whom i wantot be friend or much more, but they all REALLY seem to BE AFRAID OF ME! it's like i sacre them...it makes me feel so ugly....

I dont think ill ever be lucky enough to be in a close relationship with someone, hell i dont even hav a bestfriend... *cry*

I've always wondered about the answer to that question as well. I can't seem to connect with others on a non-superficial level either. It would definitely be nice to have a best friend, since I haven't had one of those since middle school.

Hmmm...maybe that's the problem. I think it becomes more difficult to form close relationships the older you become. I would have answered as others have, saying maybe you need to "open up to others", but I've tried that and it actually seems to make the situation worse. Or at the least, have no effect whatsoever.

Same problem here. And still I haven't found a definitive answer. But I'm working on it.

Hey RogueTomato, nice avatar! I like it :D

I've been thinking about this one a lot myself. I know a bunch of people who have had multiple relationships in the past and I can't understand it. I think my inexperience with love is what causes it. I've only had one serious relationship all my life and when it ended it was the worst experience I ever had. It felt like I died. I think I'm subconsciously terrified of loving again. I'm afraid of that pain. I just don't think I can handle it. It's horrible too because I don't want to be one of the 40+ single guys I keep meeting at my jobs. I just can't be alone anymore but the risk of the pain is so great. Maybe you're just like me. Maybe you're afraid.

I have the same problem too. All my friends are superficial. They don't know much about me and they quite shun me. But Lifequanta, let it be known that no matter what, we should not give up these "friends". Though they might be superficial, these friends are gaterways for you to know more people. Well, that is at least for me, I get to know more people from these friends. Besides, friends serve many purposes in our life. Some share close details in our life and help us out....Those we must definitely treasure...but we too must equally treasure those friends that we don't feel close to but hang out with. Without them, our life would be pretty much of a bore. Well Lifequanta, finding a good friend takes time, to be honest you, I haven't found a good friend yet. Well, lets work harder towards finding one... all the best =)

I also have thet same problem, i am actually very similar to Rabbit.

I think that truly satisfying and close emotional relationships are so hard to come by now because of everyone trying to be someone else and hiding behind 'masks'.
With all this superficial crap around us how is it even possible to have a close emotional relationship?
I guess all we can do is hope that one day we will find someone who we can get close with, someone who is not only true to us but also true to themselves.

And Gibo, one day im sure you will, i havnt had a bestfriend for a very long time, not since back in the days of primary school. And as we get older ive found that it is increasingly hard to make friends but im sure that one day you will find someone who can and will be your best friend :) and i hope that one day i will also

Latest posts

Back