Lookin for a penpal in ca or ak :D

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

l33mur

Hey all, I just found this site randomly. And I guess I am just looking for something interesting so I figure why not give this a shot. So I guess I am gonna put myself out there and see if I find someone cool. Stuff about me is that I am a college student in a major I really don't enjoy that much, software engineering. Its ok, I tolerate it, but I wouldn't say I enjoy it that much, problem is I just realized that in my 3rd year. And I have already invested over 80 k in my school, to change majors would cost me another 2 years at least. =/ Anyways, I am an avid dancer, break dancing mostly. I also play the violin, never taken lessons, but right now I am playing introduction to rondo and capriccioso by st saens, for any of you musical people :p I also love to work on vehicles, right now I am working on an 91 4runner, gonna tear out all the suspension and redo it with solid axles and put on some 36 inch tires and go mobbin! haha. Anyways, some personal stuff about me is that I love to stare at the stars and day dream. I'll come up with crazy fantasies just to escape whats going on right now. Which isn't very much unfortunately. I am a dreamer and I like that :D I want to find someone that wants to be with me as much as I do them. You'd think this would be simple, but I have only been in 2 relationships in my life, and both of them ended up in them confessing they never really did like me as much as I thought they did. So all in all I am lookin for someone cool to penpal with, preferably in california or alaska :D cause thats where I go back and forth from and I don't know I'd like to meet the person one day too. Oh also, I am 20 years old male named Lee :D figure that would be important, anyways get back to me

Hi Lee,

Your major is a GREAT idea. Though you may not love it if you can do it you can earn a great salary and have a good way of life.

:)

lonelygirl said:
Hi Lee,

Your major is a GREAT idea. Though you may not love it if you can do it you can earn a great salary and have a good way of life.

:)

haha, yea I guess, but its just not something that I generally enjoy much anymore. I don't know, I just can't get excited about it, and everyone says I have to enjoy what I make a career out of, so it scares me to think I'll spend a lot of time doing something I don't enjoy you know?

Well, if you don't want to change majors, you could consider going to grad school in a different field (many programs accept people with a BS in a dif. area) or getting a part time job that will provide you with experience in a different area that you are more interested in. Lots of people follow career paths that don't directly relate to what they majored in while in undergrad.

I agree with you that you should find a career that really interests you. Just having a college degree will get you in the door at a lot of places. You might have to start at a slightly lower position than someone with a degree in that area, but you can work your way up. Mainly, getting a job is about selling the skills and characteristics that you have, and those don't have to be what you learned from your undergrad major.

I think having a job you're not interested in is one of the hardest things to do, especially if you are young and not working to support a family or anything like that. So my advice is to finish your degree and find a job that really interests you.

Hey, well actually I have been considering going to law school. My dad is a lawyer, and although I generally hate him, his career seems interesting to me. And it would allow me to be more sitauted in alaska, cause thats where I want to end up. Theres not many software devellopement teams in alaska =/. The problem is I find myself many times pulling my hair out taking all these super technical programming classes when I just don't really want to know the information. =/ and at the same time, I have not been doing good in my classes because I find myself uniterested... but I guess I ahve to pull through no matter what

Latest posts

Back