how to break the spell of loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bianhua

Reaction score
last night, i dreamed a dream, and in this dream a faceless witch split open my head and casted a spell upon my brain cells. "a thousand years' loneliness" was written on them.and when i awoke, i found i was in a desert, without any grass, or tree, or water, and the only living being i saw there are ants, little ants, big ants, ants with wings ants with fangs and ants with tails. they were creeping around like lizards. what they eat was sand, and they also beget sand ants. there was very silent, as silent as deepest night. and the only sound i could hear was the hawling of the wind, as if to say,"a thousand years' solitude."
i was scared and found no one was there.
but after a while a voice in heaven thundered,"break the spell, then you'll be saved from your loneliness."
but when i asked"what's the antidote to it?" the voice disappeared only the wind still roars.
so dear friends, could tell me the antidote to the spell, and set me free from the pain of my brain? and regain my happiness.
what'd be the antidote to the spell?
please give me your precious answers.
thanks a lot~~

That was an interesting read.

If I knew the answer I would use it myself and then gladly tell you and everyone else, but alas I am searching for the cure as well.

Let me know if you find it before I do.

A little dose of "God's plant" will do the trick" :). Haha, I am just kidding. But loneliness is indeed a powerful feeling that is hard to get rid of without the help of others. I am lonely as hell too, usually watching movies dealing with love cheers me up, but it also makes me feel so bitter afterward. But the only thing that I think will cure loneliness is a friendship, and friendship might be something beyond my grasp.

bbm662 said:
That was an interesting read.

If I knew the answer I would use it myself and then gladly tell you and everyone else, but alas I am searching for the cure as well.

Let me know if you find it before I do.

yes, if you know the cure, you'd not come here, so do i.haha~ it is this word loneliness that attracts all of us loners here. maybe these posts and replies is already a good start for the cure of the tormented hearts, and turn our pain of loneliness into an art of getting rid of it. though it's an art of highest level, yet it's worthy of a learning. for when you get ride of it, you could hand this art over to another loners, and let them become happy as you, thus the art of abandoning loneliness become an art of regaining happiness. so let us all try all our best, and be patient to get this highest art, and become an artist of it, then this forum would be changed into a garden of laughter, an asylum of happiness, an haven for all those who really want to be saved from the sea of agony.

*Sigh* said:
A little dose of "God's plant" will do the trick" :). Haha, I am just kidding. But loneliness is indeed a powerful feeling that is hard to get rid of without the help of others. I am lonely as hell too, usually watching movies dealing with love cheers me up, but it also makes me feel so bitter afterward. But the only thing that I think will cure loneliness is a friendship, and friendship might be something beyond my grasp.

your answer is very inspiring, thanks a lot~
and it reminds me of a movie,"THE FOUNTAIN" 2006, the sap of that life giving tree, and the seed of it.
yes, you hit the point!
and i was and am seeking this seed of this life giving tree, and met a lot of interesting people who know about it a little or a lot. but they all hinted to me that this seed is in the womb of a young girl, and she is sleeping in a cave, and at the entrance of it lies a huge monster, and unless i give this beast an end, i will be ended in this pursuit in this vast desert without any hope of finding it.
and when i asked where i could find this cave all of them become silent, and i kept on asking them till they were bored by my quest. and tell me sadly, unless i die, i could never find this cave, and this cave was called by them with this name, Tomb, and the girl is in the center of coffins, sleeping, maybe doing some snoring sometimes.
i was horrified, and didnot want to die, but the desire of getting rid of my loneliness was so strong that i made up my mind and said to them, "could you offer me some way that i could die painlessly?"
they were amazed, and replied to me sadly, "no such death can achive anything."
i was very upset. but the desire of seeing this beauty in sleep conquered my fear of dying in agony. so i told them, i wanted to die in such a way like a pig looking back to his favorite sty at his last hour before he was slaughtered.
but the poison was not to be found easily, and they told me that only the hermit in the highest mountain can give this dose of poison. it's well kept by him with all his strength. and donot give it to anyone carelessly.
i was disappointed to my very core, and murmured to myself" even death is such a hard thing for me to achive!"
but i would not throw away the dream of seeing my dream girl in her snoring. so i picked up myself and started off at once.
after a long long journey, i finally found that mountain.
yeah, the mountain is too high, it reached heaven, and unless you lie down your self , you could never have a good view of it.
the climbing is hard, for ice and snow are everywhere, though longdeserted by men, yet it's full of shits, and dung. it stinks, and creeps into my nostrils, and want to suffocate me with all their charming smells.
but iam not daunted, i climbed, and hold a bottle of perfume under my nose. and kept my climbing.
and finally i find the hermit, in a den abandoned by a bear.
but when i greeted him, i was astonished by his greeting. he has no form, only a cloth was covered over his invisable body.
and without any word, he told me he knew what i want, and as he spake, he tear the middle of the empty place between the cloak of his upper body, and lo! a bleeding heart was dug out, and presented before my eyes. and he commanded" drink it! and you will die your longdesired death."
trembling, i took up his bleeding heart and took all my courage and give a little sip of it.
immediately, i felt faint, and fell into a fit. and could not recover from it again.
how long this state lasted i didnot know, but when i woke up from this fit. i found i was in a very old house. there was only the light of moon in the sky, very weak light.
and at the opening lies the beast~
and it had a thousand heads, the heads of clocks. and the only sound i could hear was ticktack ticktack ticktack ticktack ticktack ticktack!
as if there was no end of it.
i was puzzled by this weird beast, and thought"how could such a beast do me any harm?"
thus i thought, i advanced a step, but as i furtered, i felt very sleepy, and what i want to do is to sleep right now right there and never come to wake again.
but the pain in my brain cell become severe and fierce! as if a flaming fire was burning in it.
so two voices resounded in my head in turn
"keep alert!", "go to sleep!"
but the fear of losing my aim was more powerful than the desire to sleep.
so i advanced step by step, but the rhyme of the monotonous ticktack was too spellbinding, and sleepprovoking~!
so i decided i must make a stop of this state of being lulled into sleep.
so i tore down one of the hands of one clock with all my might, and left my blood upon it, thus start the hard job of plucking up all the thousand hands of all the clock.
and at the end of this of this plucking. look a wonder happened.
the clock beast crumbled in to dust, and a coffin was found in the mid of the ruin.
so i carefully opened the lid of it.
while i was opening it, i heard the sound of the snoring of the dreaming girl.
and when i completely removed it from the top of the coffin, behold! there! in the coffin, a beauty was there sleeping, snoring and murmuring, and a faint voice was heard

in my ears,"at last!"
i shook her, she was still sleeping, i hit her head she was still sleeping, i kick her butt, she was still sleeping, i twisted her face, she's still sleeping.
finally, i remembered the story of white snow, and then, i gave her lips a kiss, very long, so as to ensure the awakening of her. but the result was still sleeping.
then, i was in despair, and could not find the right way of waking her up.
so i sat there sadly, weeping desperately.
just at this moment, a voice in heaven thundered again!
"make love to her!"
and i obeyed the commanded as soon as possible,
and at the very moment of connection, miracle happened, she become alive, and smiles to me and exclaimed"yea! you're the one!"
but i didnot want to hurt her, so i stoped the lovemaking.
but as i stoped the action, the action of her smile disappeared, and her breath.
and then, another voice was heard in heaven.
"constantly!"
so, i abided by the order at once,
and make and make and make.
and she become alive again and smiled to me and wept in joy saying"it's finished!"
thus the heave and the breath of our action become the eternal rhythm of the testimony of our love.
and as we thus maked, we come to this conclusion-
"unless we make love constantly, we will lost in loneliness and misery."
as we thus concluded, my head was opened again and lo! the spell that's written with the inscription"a thousand years' loneliness" was flying out and after a few minutes's show, bursted into pieces, and with this burst a yell was heard in a dark cloud, an this was the last word of the wicked witch,
"the chosen one! the chosen one!"

it's just my fancy, to dispel the dark shadow of my loneliness, or else, how can i find another way to drive it away? hahaha~~

bianhua said:
your answer is very inspiring, thanks a lot~
and it reminds me of a movie,"THE FOUNTAIN" 2006, the sap of that life giving tree, and the seed of it.
yes, you hit the point!
and i was and am seeking this seed of this life giving tree, and met a lot of interesting people who know about it a little or a lot. but they all hinted to me that this seed is in the womb of a young girl, and she is sleeping in a cave, and at the entrance of it lies a huge monster, and unless i give this beast an end, i will be ended in this pursuit in this vast desert without any hope of finding it.
and when i asked where i could find this cave all of them become silent, and i kept on asking them till they were bored by my quest. and tell me sadly, unless i die, i could never find this cave, and this cave was called by them with this name, Tomb, and the girl is in the center of coffins, sleeping, maybe doing some snoring sometimes.
i was horrified, and didnot want to die, but the desire of getting rid of my loneliness was so strong that i made up my mind and said to them, "could you offer me some way that i could die painlessly?"
they were amazed, and replied to me sadly, "no such death can achive anything."
i was very upset. but the desire of seeing this beauty in sleep conquered my fear of dying in agony. so i told them, i wanted to die in such a way like a pig looking back to his favorite sty at his last hour before he was slaughtered.
but the poison was not to be found easily, and they told me that only the hermit in the highest mountain can give this dose of poison. it's well kept by him with all his strength. and donot give it to anyone carelessly.
i was disappointed to my very core, and murmured to myself" even death is such a hard thing for me to achive!"
but i would not throw away the dream of seeing my dream girl in her snoring. so i picked up myself and started off at once.
after a long long journey, i finally found that mountain.
yeah, the mountain is too high, it reached heaven, and unless you lie down your self , you could never have a good view of it.
the climbing is hard, for ice and snow are everywhere, though longdeserted by men, yet it's full of shits, and dung. it stinks, and creeps into my nostrils, and want to suffocate me with all their charming smells.
but iam not daunted, i climbed, and hold a bottle of perfume under my nose. and kept my climbing.
and finally i find the hermit, in a den abandoned by a bear.
but when i greeted him, i was astonished by his greeting. he has no form, only a cloth was covered over his invisable body.
and without any word, he told me he knew what i want, and as he spake, he tear the middle of the empty place between the cloak of his upper body, and lo! a bleeding heart was dug out, and presented before my eyes. and he commanded" drink it! and you will die your longdesired death."
trembling, i took up his bleeding heart and took all my courage and give a little sip of it.
immediately, i felt faint, and fell into a fit. and could not recover from it again.
how long this state lasted i didnot know, but when i woke up from this fit. i found i was in a very old house. there was only the light of moon in the sky, very weak light.
and at the opening lies the beast~
and it had a thousand heads, the heads of clocks. and the only sound i could hear was ticktack ticktack ticktack ticktack ticktack ticktack!
as if there was no end of it.
i was puzzled by this weird beast, and thought"how could such a beast do me any harm?"
thus i thought, i advanced a step, but as i furtered, i felt very sleepy, and what i want to do is to sleep right now right there and never come to wake again.
but the pain in my brain cell become severe and fierce! as if a flaming fire was burning in it.
so two voices resounded in my head in turn
"keep alert!", "go to sleep!"
but the fear of losing my aim was more powerful than the desire to sleep.
so i advanced step by step, but the rhyme of the monotonous ticktack was too spellbinding, and sleepprovoking~!
so i decided i must make a stop of this state of being lulled into sleep.
so i tore down one of the hands of one clock with all my might, and left my blood upon it, thus start the hard job of plucking up all the thousand hands of all the clock.
and at the end of this of this plucking. look a wonder happened.
the clock beast crumbled in to dust, and a coffin was found in the mid of the ruin.
so i carefully opened the lid of it.
while i was opening it, i heard the sound of the snoring of the dreaming girl.
and when i completely removed it from the top of the coffin, behold! there! in the coffin, a beauty was there sleeping, snoring and murmuring, and a faint voice was heard

in my ears,"at last!"
i shook her, she was still sleeping, i hit her head she was still sleeping, i kick her butt, she was still sleeping, i twisted her face, she's still sleeping.
finally, i remembered the story of white snow, and then, i gave her lips a kiss, very long, so as to ensure the awakening of her. but the result was still sleeping.
then, i was in despair, and could not find the right way of waking her up.
so i sat there sadly, weeping desperately.
just at this moment, a voice in heaven thundered again!
"make love to her!"
and i obeyed the commanded as soon as possible,
and at the very moment of connection, miracle happened, she become alive, and smiles to me and exclaimed"yea! you're the one!"
but i didnot want to hurt her, so i stoped the lovemaking.
but as i stoped the action, the action of her smile disappeared, and her breath.
and then, another voice was heard in heaven.
"constantly!"
so, i abided by the order at once,
and make and make and make.
and she become alive again and smiled to me and wept in joy saying"it's finished!"
thus the heave and the breath of our action become the eternal rhythm of the testimony of our love.
and as we thus maked, we come to this conclusion-
"unless we make love constantly, we will lost in loneliness and misery."
as we thus concluded, my head was opened again and lo! the spell that's written with the inscription"a thousand years' loneliness" was flying out and after a few minutes's show, bursted into pieces, and with this burst a yell was heard in a dark cloud, an this was the last word of the wicked witch,
"the chosen one! the chosen one!"

it's just my fancy, to dispel the dark shadow of my loneliness, or else, how can i find another way to drive it away? hahaha~~

Did you really type that all up? Cause ****, that is a lot of writing.

*Sigh* said:
Did you really type that all up? Cause ****, that is a lot of writing.

yes, and it's a laborious work, but unless i set them all free from my stomach, and give a complete vomit, they will keep on tormenting me, churning inside my belly, and striving to get out of there as long as it's still imprisoned by my dumbness.

in a little tiny squishy box
Houdini never faced more rigid locks
but if Houdini could escape each box
I too can break the locks
the blocks
the spells

under a humungous rock
a ten ton boulder wedged and stuck
in a padlocked cell
my personal hell

hard to stave off despair
believe finally I will reach air
will reach
more than air

don't care about empty air

love blue sky
open fields

but need
need
need

need to reach
need to touch
need to get to
where I am heard
where my gifts
are seen as gifts
are opened
where my gifts feed and fuel
where they build and grow

but in a tiny squishy blackdark box
padlocked in a cell with massive locks
this is not
not
not

stuck under a ten ton rock

blocked by an avalanche
a roadblock

I am tired
I despair
I need sleep
and more
I need to reach

someone who more than cares
who can give a hand
from the other side

where reaching can
happen
touching can

where I can
be who I
need to be
someone who reaches
with her gifts

deanhanson said:
in a little tiny squishy box
Houdini never faced more rigid locks
but if Houdini could escape each box
I too can break the locks
the blocks
the spells

under a humungous rock
a ten ton boulder wedged and stuck
in a padlocked cell
my personal hell

hard to stave off despair
believe finally I will reach air
will reach
more than air

don't care about empty air

love blue sky
open fields

but need
need
need

need to reach
need to touch
need to get to
where I am heard
where my gifts
are seen as gifts
are opened
where my gifts feed and fuel
where they build and grow

but in a tiny squishy blackdark box
padlocked in a cell with massive locks
this is not
not
not

stuck under a ten ton rock

blocked by an avalanche
a roadblock

I am tired
I despair
I need sleep
and more
I need to reach

someone who more than cares
who can give a hand
from the other side

where reaching can
happen
touching can

where I can
be who I
need to be
someone who reaches
with her gifts

a very heartreaching poem, the rythme of it stired my heart ups and downs while i was reading it, i can feel a desiring soul behind each line.
Deanhanson,thanks for your poem, and hope all those locks would be broken up completely by the gifts of hers.
hope you a good day~

kamrentailor said:
Hi
Good action that you could take to overcome loneliness is getting involved into some kind of a project that involves team work. When being involved into such projects you will be obligated to share ideas and thoughts and even fears about the aspects of the project, you may also have to attend regular meetings in order to discuss the project’s issues. All of the previous can totally remove your feeling of loneliness.

so let's embark upon this project of rescuing our souls from being ruined by the monster of loneliness. and it needs our team work, and in such hunting of this monster, we're "obligated to share ideas and thoughts even fears about the aspects of the project." and let's "attend regular meetings in order to discuss" the project's importance.
so for the purpose of eliminating our feeling of loneliness, let's start this rescuing project, and make plans to fight against this monster of loneliness, to redeem our hope of happiness from under its nightmarish claws, and give a chance once again to our healthy laughters~

"just a drink of water, a person's voice, a crust of bread can often break the spell of loneliness and give you the will to go on ...When he was with us, we were careful to be neat, silent, wary, lest we break the spell of peace that descended upon our household

johnswhite said:
"just a drink of water, a person's voice, a crust of bread can often break the spell of loneliness and give you the will to go on ...When he was with us, we were careful to be neat, silent, wary, lest we break the spell of peace that descended upon our household

i love the lifestyle you described above, it's simple yet it's meaningful. and unless this simplicity descended upon us, we could never escape the wide net of complicatedness. and unless we reduce all things to their necessities, we could never find their true form. and when we begin this reducing, we become an artist, for art needs beauty, and no unnecessary parts are needed in a work of art, and unless all the unwanted unnecessaries be cut off from it, the beauty in it would never wake up from her dormancy and show us her splendour of harmony. and if we apply this to life, then when we cut off all the unwanted parts of life, we could find only love remains there all the time, for it destroys every attempt of destroying it, and the one who want to cut it off from his presence will be cut off from her presence, but what a terrible absence it'd be! for without it nothing exists that exists, for it's the very essence of life. and any effort to promot it will never be unnecessary, no matter how much times you utter her name she'd never be irritated to anger, but will give those who praise her all they worth. so let love be the necessity of all our necessities, and become simple in her presence, for She'd said solemnly-" blessed are those who are simple."haha~~

Friendship. Very rare, even harder to find.
[Don't bother to look for it in England -it takes at least a year living in close approximity/ seeing each other on regular occasion before people even start to consider you as a potential accaintance.]

Hope said:
Friendship. Very rare, even harder to find.
[Don't bother to look for it in England -it takes at least a year living in close approximity/ seeing each other on regular occasion before people even start to consider you as a potential accaintance.]

what you said is quite true. yes, friendship is very rare, and it's rare everywhere. that's the very reason we loners come here to share our feelings of being alone. and friendship is not a term for geographical relationship, but rather a term for psychological relationship, for the physical relationship is but a mirror of the relationship of heart, and when the latter disappears the former'd also die away with it. yet when our hearts are united in the same dream, then the friendship would once again revive from its deadlock, and become an universal key to all the locks of the dead, and absorb all of us once again into her garden of pleasure, to enjoy the joy of being united. and unless we break up the locks in our hearts how could we regain the key to the secret chamber of true friendship and be entertained by her generosity. so let's open our hearts to the truefriendship, then it'd once again open her heart to us, and be our house of happiness for all the time. so to be alone, or not to be alone, all depend on our own choice. though it's rare, but it doesnot mean it's extinguished, so it's still worthy of our true hope, the hope of the real relationship of men. and what can be called rare is priceless, just like the greatest scenery can be seen only by those who can ascend to the top of the highest mountain. so please give this hope a chance, and the chance of seeing this grand landscape would be endowed upon us once again.

Latest posts

Back