lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h i

Reaction score
im lonely. i keep trying to make new friends. theyre bad for me though. i keep going back to old online friends, that dont want anything to do with me. we talk a little bit, then realize we have nothing to talk about. hoping that talking, at least some kind of connection, is better then being alone.

im taking courses still for volunteering. im going to take some courses for a new career. i bought a bicycle. still trying my best at work. im generally functioning good. i dont feel like im the problem. i still have confidence and self esteem, im just shy and cautious.

i just feel like theres no one out there for me. no friends. no relationships. no family even... i feel like such a 'mommas boy' for only talking to my mother. father is deceased. i hate most of the family, and the family i dont hate, hates me. i have no brothers or sisters.

life is just lonely.

I hear you on "hoping that at least some kind of connection is better than being alone."

All those online friends I had. I cut them of...

I think you're doing the right thing. Getting yourself out there is always a good thing. There are people out there for you, you just haven't found them yet.

Talking to your mum isn't a bad thing. You're just keeping what family you have close.

Loneliness hurts. As long as you can keep your confidence and self esteem, good things will come your way ((hugs))

*hugs h i*

thats good that your doing vol enter work that's great
biking is really fun I've enjoyed it a lot.

i hope things get better

just work on keeping yourself busy, it helps to kill the time spent being lonely

remember we're all in this together and i'm pulling for you

:)

I'm glad you're taking some action...I am going to join a new volunteer group soon too. At least it's an opportunity to meet new people - and hopefully some friendships will develop while doing some good. Having goals is what pushes me through from one day to the next; having that bit of hope and motivation.

I'm sorry for what you're going through...sometimes even family don't understand. The only person who I have to talk to is my aunt (no choice)...which often results in arguing as she is constantly putting me down and also at my attempts to change my life.

***hug***

I often feel sad for myself and others in the same position. Life is so lonely when you have no one to talk to, to spend time to etc. Sometimes I feel that I can't even function properly.

I know it's not the same as having someone in person to talk to, but you have us. Us lonely people gotta stick together...hopefully we won't be so lonely anymore. :)

I think hobbies are a good direction to go. I just joined a chess club, and although there's no-one my own age they're still very nice.

You're making some positive changes in your life, hopefully they pay off. In the mean time feel free to message me if you need someone online to talk to, who actually cares :)

hi there...

you def are not! i feel the same way you do a lot, but you just have to remember that you arent really as lonely as you feel. NEVER GIVE IN! you are a wonderful human being whether you realize it or not! hang in there!

Hello H I =)

It sounds tough what you're going through, I can empathize about feeling lonely. It's not a pleasant feeling - to put it mildly. But, just wanted to reiterate what others already have said that just keep chugging along and finding the strength to move forward, things WILL get better. There are caring people out there for you and for everyone else! What you're doing now like volunteering, is great! Perhaps a part-time job pursuing an interest of yours where you get to interact with other people might help too. What are some of your hobbies/interests? And are you by any chance a sports fan? For example, I'm a lonely guy myself who needs to be able to rejoice with someone when the Yankees win the pennant against the Angels tonight!

All the best... and if you're an Angels fan, we might have some trouble on our hands!! =P

Oh dearzzz. Life must have really sucked for you. I mean, you living with only mom must make you really lonely.
I don't have siblings either so it's hard for me to find someone to share.
You say that you have volunteering to do. Are there any coworkers that you could possibly hang out with? Start hanging out with them I'm sure you'll make great friendships.
And if you're shy maybe you should build up some confidence to open up to people. I have this same problem to of being tongue tied.

Latest posts

Back