Windows 7 or vista..?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miltonhork

Reaction score
Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?

Well best to go with the latest and greatest i.e. Windows 7. Vista had issues but then every OS does. Unfortunately these days every one hates Vista cause its the "in" thing to do. Keep in mind getting win7 now will probably save you the additional cost of an upgrade later on.

Ive never tried windows 7, but I heard good things about it on Cnet.com and ZDnet.com, I hear it fixes the problems of Vista. Ive only spent a few hours using vista on a friends PC and I hated it. Im happy with XP. there are a lotta warez sites offering windows 7 for free, but im gonna stick with XP until I have no choice, like when I was on Windows 98 and they stopped making software and games that would run on 98, then I had no choice. Im sticken with XP till I have no choice!

I promise you that 7 is so much better than Vista, and for those who are still sticking with XP we're converting to 7 so they can see just how much better it is.

My boyfriend is a computer tech, and one thing they try to do is recommend the best stuff to everyone. They actually trial run programs and hardware so that they can compare and give a fair review to the consumer what works best. 7 is where it's really happening.

I use it, and I wouldn't tell others to if I thought it was crap.

I don't get why everyone hates Vista. I have had no troubles using it. Go for Vista!

I think the UAC popping up so frequently for those that like to poke around, irritated a lot of users, compatibility problems, hardware demands and a few other elements got their normal complaints that each new release gets but somehow the whole thing snowballed until you are almost expected to hate Vista.

Vista is no where near as bad as some try to make it. After adjusting, i had no problem with it. Still if someone has no real preference then they might as well go with the most current.

My friend was having networking problems, and it was an absolute nightmare to configure it. It is fairly easy in XP, and to easy in OS X :D Gotta love Mac!

oarivan said:
Well best to go with the latest and greatest i.e. Windows 7. Vista had issues but then every OS does. Unfortunately these days every one hates Vista cause its the "in" thing to do. Keep in mind getting win7 now will probably save you the additional cost of an upgrade later on.

Windows Vista sucks just like all Microsoft Operating systems before it. They rushed it because they were all freaking out because of Apples OSX, so they needed to rush something out that was similiar to that. Sure, they tried to replicate something to OSX's quartz rendering, but it was still sluggish and a piece of crap. What I've heard about their latest and greatest efforts is they actually got off their lazy asses and created an effecient piece of software. It doesnt drain as many resources because they actually cleaned up much of their filler code. So, could this be the OS that they should have created years ago?? Who knows, I'll believe it when i see it... Honestly, if there was any other company that replicated Microsofts ideals when it came to the products they release, they would have been bankrupt long ago. Case and point.. Look at how much money they have lost from the XBOX 360 because they rushed it to market. They seriously lost Billions because of all the hardware failures, and having to constantly replace them.

Windows 7 is what Vista should have been, not that I hate Vista. I am working with Vista now, in fact. The thing is, Windows 7 is not as taxing on resources as Vista. That's probably the BIGGEST deal about it compared to Vista. There's also XP mode (if you're running 7 Pro or Ultimate), which supposedly takes away some software compatibility issues as to say you're virtually running XP. So the apps that worked with XP should work in that mode of 7. I'll be reading up on this more, not that it will apply to me. I didn't have old apps that didn't work on Vista, so it wasn't a concern. Of course the interface is different. Visually, it's as nice as Vista. MS added a few gimmicks (none of which I'm a fan of yet), such as Snap (split screening your windows) and Shake (a goofy way to miniimize windows). I think the cooler additions actually came with Vista (integrated search... love it and use it like mad... not even using Run anymore) and Aero Flip (cooler than Alt + Tab). Anyway, I just love seeing hardware that would have been barely cutting it with Vista take on Windows 7. And supposedly it's more stable. I think this is going to be a good one.

By the way, I was NOT a fan of XP. I'd take my computer (which really isn't that much of a beast by today's standards, but is solid) over any top notch home PC running XP anyday.

Windows Vista is very secure not install any pirated software.Vista have different gadget and sidebars,Moreover Vista have slew of new wallpapers and window color-tweaking which is very important for me.

Windows 7 Mode will have virtualization technology which is very useful for our system.Further windows 7 have live taskbar preview facility and also installation is faster than other os.

As per my view both are good OS.

Thanks to give information. I have been looking for such information on the net for a few days since I'm considering whether to upgrade my XP to Windows 7. And now I seem to find my own answer!

miltonhork said:
Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?
I use linux operating system..Debian..and I use open source software..I care very little for Windows

EveWasFramed said:
lmao, how nice of one spammer to recycle the thread of another. :p

Yeah three of them in here playing like it is a discussion.

f_minusm_906c16a.gif
Bluey

Latest posts

Back