Why does it always happen

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooldere719

Reaction score
I'm facing the same issues of being the less unimportant person in class.
Ever since elementary school it's so hard for me to fit with anyone. Everyone forms their own friendship circles while I struggle to get someone I could be closer to. I was an outgoing kid and like to talk.
In highschool I feel the same way. I have friends who I feel are closer but to them I'm not anyone important, and they have other people they prefer to be with. And I end up starting conversations and joining them through 'eavesdropping'. When choosing groups I end up being left out, especially if forming groups among oneselves.
Things were about to become better in university. I had a closer friend but she left me because I said something bad about myself and how if I keep saying bad things about myself I won't get friends. I hung out with other people but in turn I still didn't make a close-enough friendship.

Last year I was diagnosed with Aspergers, which may be the underlying reason behind why people avoid me. I was a little 'different' and have quirky antics (like being clumsier than most people or spilling while I drink)

Now that I know I'm a weird kid it's so hard for me to accept myself and open up to people because I feel like a stranger to everyone (while most people have their friendship circles). Not too many people come up to me to talk except for a couple of friends whom I've worked with and this random guy I don't really know well. (all my classmates are in the same program all along)

I feel that I'm losing so much confidence these days is that turning people off?

Cooldere719 said:
I feel that I'm losing so much confidence these days is that turning people off?

I really couldn't say. I am sure it has an effect but it seems that you are saying that the difficulties go back to before this recent loss off confidence.

just have "Comfortable" conversations i never consider anyone I've ever meet as a "Friend" until they somehow feel social attached to me and want to be around me.

keep your mind open and be completely open randomly. u don't have to easedrop or anything people find that weird and will avoid you. just go about being yourself and someone is bound is notice you as interesting.

Yea. But are there better ways to join a convo if they're talking about something interesting?

samba101 said:
Yeah it depends if they let you in to talk so I'm not too sure about that.

Yea that's the real problem. Sometimes they won't let you have the opportunity which makes you become a boring person to be with

Latest posts

Back