"Friends"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shells

There is this girl that I've known since last year, and we both seemed to click very well. We both left our old schools to join this new program.

However, many new students came this year. Some of her old friends came, which is no big deal. I'm not a possessive person. I just feel so ignored and used. The only time this girl treats me like a friend is when we have major projects due. Did I mention how much I despise group projects? I always get stuck with all of the work. I'll get a text message at 12AM in the morning "honeysuckle, I FORGOT." Yet, this girl had a weekend of dates and partying? I tell her to just get it done and then it's excuses like, "I don't know how to do this, or this, or that". She is just playing stupid so I can do it all.

The situation seems petty. I feel whiny and clingy right now. This is my senior year of high school and while I would tell her to leave me be, I don't want to cause unnecessary drama. I am scared of drama. Middle school was full of violence and bullying for me, and drama is what started it all. I'd rather be alone than be betrayed. Friends aren't supposed to take advantage of you like this.

I just have no idea what to do.

I'd rather be alone than be betrayed.

Ditto.

She is being rather childish. You're FEELING used because YOU ARE being used. Why not just ignore her totally? She'll get the message and either change, apologize and appreciate your friendship even more or she'll leave you alone and find someone else to use instead.

Ignore her and see what happens. Good luck.

I'm sorry your in a bad situation shells,

ps i wouldn't recamend ignoring them, because it is mean and it makes them feel bad (and then you'll probably feel guilty)

mainly they won't be able to get why you are ignoring them,

just tell them about your current, sure it's harder than just ignoring the situation
but they'll understand, and maybe they'll try and change

my life wound up here on the forum, because instead of telling me what thee problem was they chose to ignore me DX DX

we were friends for eight years
try to avoid the drama, maybe just keep it on the subject of schoolwork

tell her you don't like having to do all the work and tell her that if she can't pull her weight that you're going to join another group,

i know it's so hard when you feel like you click and you;ll be best friends :(

so far what i've noticed at least from these first few months in college, it's not whether or not you click or are soul mates or bound to be buddies,

it's who is making the plans for you to join in on, who gets people together to hang out

if their not going to work for your friendship, then they might not be much worth as a friend ):

don't ***** them out or ignore them, just tell them how you feel, just like you told us

i hope it works out :)

*hugs*

:)

Thanks for helping me out you two.

After reading these replies, I just decided to confront her via text. I said that I wasn't mad, but it really sucked having pull most of the weight. I also told her that, when we do projects in the future, we make plans to get together before it's the last minute. Luckily, she seemed cool about it.

I'm just hoping that's how she really feels and will come through on it.

Thanks, again. =)

I hope it all works out for the best. You definitely did the right thing by not taking my advice because you probably would've looked like an ass in the long run :D

Sinnin: Honestly? That's how I was planning on dealing with it, lol.

But, I feel evanescence was right about the "feeling guilty" part. I also realized that if I was doing something rude, that I'd like to be aware of it so a resolution could be made.

I still appreciate that you took the time to read and write a response. Besides, not everyone deals with things the same way. I know you had the best intentions in mind, and that's what counts :)

the exact thing is happening to me right now. i just dont talk to her anymore now and i just get on with it without her. just tell her what you feel and if she is a real mate she will understand. =]

i had to deal with a free-loader that i met in a class over the summer. nice guy but lazy as hell. he would always ask to see my homework, lab notebooks, etc. i just told him to stop being such a slacker- but in a joking way so as not to offend. id laugh and tell him to do his own work. we stayed friends but he knew not to keep asking me for that stuff. he started asking other people b/c he knew id just say no.

Im not sure if grades matter for you or not, but offer to do what she wants you to do, and get it all wrong and fail.. That will teach her to ask you to do her work. :) In my junior year of high school, I litterally got a 0.0 gpa. awe memories. Needless to say after that, I was sent to an alternative school.

heretostay said:
i had to deal with a free-loader that i met in a class over the summer. nice guy but lazy as hell. he would always ask to see my homework, lab notebooks, etc. i just told him to stop being such a slacker- but in a joking way so as not to offend. id laugh and tell him to do his own work. we stayed friends but he knew not to keep asking me for that stuff. he started asking other people b/c he knew id just say no.
I'm really proud that you stood up for yourself. :)

epileptic said:
Im not sure if grades matter for you or not, but offer to do what she wants you to do, and get it all wrong and fail.. That will teach her to ask you to do her work. :) In my junior year of high school, I litterally got a 0.0 gpa. awe memories. Needless to say after that, I was sent to an alternative school.
Ahh, yeah. I did that once on a Geometry exam. Two guys were cheating off me, and texting the answers to other people in the class. So, I chose answers at random on but wrote the real answers on a scratch piece of paper. Once most of the class had turned in their papers, I erased my other answers and put the correct ones in.

Both of those guys were sent to summer school.

shells said:
Ahh, yeah. I did that once on a Geometry exam. Two guys were cheating off me, and texting the answers to other people in the class. So, I chose answers at random on but wrote the real answers on a scratch piece of paper. Once most of the class had turned in their papers, I erased my other answers and put the correct ones in.

Both of those guys were sent to summer school.

pure genius

hi there....

Our friends will surprise us much more than we would imagine,” says David Dunning, a psychology professor at Cornell University who has done influential research on how we perceive ourselves and others.

Latest posts

Back