Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.23 Average
Suggestion for Health and Fitness
(02-26-2010, 11:51 PM)Enchantress Wrote: Last Tuesday Ive been to the doctor to get weighed and I found I lost (ok shocking) 5 pounds xD All the dieting and working out is finally giving off .I already look better. And yeah the water thingy is amazing.It also boosts your metabolism.

That's great Enchantress! Keep going Smile
Thanks Soph Big Grin I will.I spent last night though with my friends at chilli's.We had a surprise party for one of my friends and I just couldn't resist ordering a nice big hot and yummy molten chocolate cake with the big bowl of vanilla icecream on top and caramel sauce to top it off Toungue And also a big cuppa nice American coffee. Yummy!! it was deliciouus!! I can still taste that cake haha but we all had that.I thought since I've been so good then I could give myself a treat and have a good time Smile
I just joined a meetup group in my area for a free bootcamp saturday mornings. thought itd be a good way to workout and meet new people Smile
ξ In life I got the short end of the allele ξ
Good subject, ive started working out a year ago and have already put on 15 kilos of muscle.Big Grin

Got to know alot about the ins and outs of the human body and its response to workouts, so feel free to ask me stuffs.Toungue
I cycle, that's good exercise.
Check out my Tech Blog - http://kow210site.com
[Image: alitasigfinaldalitasig.jpg]
skiping! i also got a good trainer once a week for $20 a session, gonna start up friday. can't wait to get in better shape Wink
"Give us this day our daily gift, of science to drop, and knowledge to lift."

[Anti-socialite. Secret Admirer. Student Loaner. Continental Drifter.]

I think anything in moderation is something to keep in mind. The Hobbits were partial to occasionally smoking and drinking but usually not to excess and were keen on long walks and so the exercise and activity vs "bad things" very good.
Quick supplemental weight loss tip that anyone can do...

First, a little chemistry:

a 'calorie' is the amount of energy required to raise 1 gram (or kilogram, in the case of a Calorie, capital 'C') of water up in temperature by 1 degree Celsius.

Therefor, if you drink a kilogram of water (a gallon works to about 3.5 kilograms I believe, depending on atmospheric pressure) as cold as you can get it, it's going to absorb body heat from your innards. Your body, in turn, will burn energy (ie, carbs and fats) to replenish that energy.

So drink a shitload of cold water. It's good for you anyways.
[Image: 34qpcte.png]
It feels like I've been here before
Here to where the animals lay down to die
So we stood alone on a distant shore
Our broken spirits in rags and tatters...

resistance training (weights) = muscle growth, through tearing and repairing of the muscle, this is called ADAPTATION, to shift body compostition you must consume less calories then you use, this is done through hard work i'm afraid... Sad
a year ago i swore off fast food and soda and mostly fried food in general. i lost 30 lbs in that year but i have stopped right where im at and have been there for quite some time now. what else can i do with my eating habits to continue to lose more weight? i want to lose like 30 more lbs and ill be right about where im supposed to be in weight.
[Image: edgecrusher02.jpg]
"Once you assume a creator and a plan, it makes us objects in an experiment." - Christopher Hitchens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets Be Proactive and Excercise Together for Better Health & Self Improvement Bones 253 36,571 01-30-2017, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Cavey
  A Lonely Life help and suggestion thread Fira 0 3,945 02-27-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Fira
  Really need some help/advice on dieting and health Josh 22 7,054 04-11-2013, 05:54 AM
Last Post: itsthejae
  fitness program Syber Tiger 8 4,104 08-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Last Post: cumulus.james
  Old smoking may possibly cause harm to thought health and fitness Sundberg 3 4,511 03-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Last Post: slappopkarl
  Health Topics Skorian 19 7,948 07-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Last Post: lonely7