Suggestion for Health and Fitness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heretostay said:
Badjedidude said:
Hey, congrats on the weight loss! And 130-140 isn't bad!

----Steve

no its not bad. but if I consider that if I put on only 3lbs a year, in thirty years i will weight 230lbs! that means by the time im 50 yrs old i will be sick and practically immobile. And thats only 3lbs/yr. imagine if it were 5lbs or 10lbs a year. id die by the time i was 60. 50 is retirement time. i dont want to be sick, dying, and confined to a chair then! i want to travel and enjoy my time off. So while the weight im at right now isnt bad, if i keep putting on a little weight all the time (which is what is happening with my current lifestyle) then i will have no life by the time i can explore the world. and thats not even considering the weight i will put on when i have kids. men are so lucky that they dont have to have babies.

Just diet for a week or two every year. Problem solved :D

Hoola hoopin' is the way forward! :p You lose weight, tones the stomach and arms, helps align the pelvis and it strengthens the waist, hips and the knees! Oh yeah, and it's CHEAP! Yes you look like a right muppet when first starting out, but after about a week it's so easy! It made me laugh so much, you feel silly. But it's a good silly! Make sure you hoola both ways though, other wise you end up with what feels like a weaker side than the other?

I sound like a Hoola advert :p (Sorry about that...)

Welcome to the site, Leur. :D

Haha I don't think I could ever master the ancient art of Hoola. :p

----Steve

My Fitness Routine:

I just did...

30 bench press
30 butterfly
30 incline/decline butterfly

30 pullups
30 high kneeling rows
30 iron cross
30 back extensions on roman chair @ 90°
30 one-arm chinups

30 one-leg squats (each leg)
120 standing calf raised (each leg)
30 incline hip abduction
30 incline hip adduction

20 forearm curls

15 hanging roman chair legups
30 hanging ab crunches
15 hanging oblique crunches (each side)

30 shoulder shrugs
25 oblique twisters (each side)

whew! ****!
:club:

Yess :D I like this thread.I've just started on a diet.This is my fourth day now.Trying soo hard to stick to it and stop myself from eating but sometimes it gets too hard when all the people around u are digging into yummy pizzas and pasta and I'm sitting there my mouth watering from the smell and watching them shove the food down with my bowl of salad and greens feeling totally like a goat or rabbit o_O Aww it's painful but what keeps me going is that I know it'll be worth it in the end.I just keep thinking do u want those pair of skinny jeans or that pizza and I know the answer :) I want the jeeanns!! lmao Pathetic xD But when you're 5'3 it's something you should consider hehe.I'm not that fat anyways I'm 55 kilos but I wanna be like 48 or so.Not that much i know but still it is VERY hard to lose those last few kilos.Very hard I've tried before and couldn't lose any weight.I'm hoping I would this time.
Been to the gym today for 2 hours.Working out was actually more fun than I thought it would be ,plus I felt absolutely amazing and refreshed (though hot) when I was done .I'll have to find time in my busy schedule for more going to the gym from now on =]

Just_Some_Dude said:
My Fitness Routine:

I just did...

30 bench press
30 butterfly
30 incline/decline butterfly

30 pullups
30 high kneeling rows
30 iron cross
30 back extensions on roman chair @ 90°
30 one-arm chinups

30 one-leg squats (each leg)
120 standing calf raised (each leg)
30 incline hip abduction
30 incline hip adduction

20 forearm curls

15 hanging roman chair legups
30 hanging ab crunches
15 hanging oblique crunches (each side)

30 shoulder shrugs
25 oblique twisters (each side)

whew! ****!

Haha not bad, not bad. :D Sounds good!

Is this a daily or every other day? Lol or just every once in a while?

@Enchantress: BTW, here's a random (obvious) tip. When you're hungry, just drink water. It makes you feel full but doesn't give you calories. Only down-side: You pee a lot.

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Haha not bad, not bad. :D Sounds good!

Is this a daily or every other day? Lol or just every once in a while?

----Steve

hey steve, it's one of five workouts (m-f) that targets specific muscle groups, that was normally a monday routine. I do it in a circuit with no breaks, like full on cardio. Helps to clear the mind and vent stress...:D

Haha nice. I'm thinking you gotta show the rippage. Pics or didn't happen, man.

I mean...****, if that works for ya, I might need you to share your whole weekly routine. :D:p I've plateaued a bit and I've been looking to switch things up....lol I'm def not at the same level as you, but it would certainly give me some ideas.

----Steve

Last Tuesday Ive been to the doctor to get weighed and I found I lost (ok shocking) 5 pounds xD All the dieting and working out is finally giving off .I already look better. And yeah the water thingy is amazing.It also boosts your metabolism.

Enchantress said:
Last Tuesday Ive been to the doctor to get weighed and I found I lost (ok shocking) 5 pounds xD All the dieting and working out is finally giving off .I already look better. And yeah the water thingy is amazing.It also boosts your metabolism.

That's great Enchantress! Keep going :)

Thanks Soph :D I will.I spent last night though with my friends at chilli's.We had a surprise party for one of my friends and I just couldn't resist ordering a nice big hot and yummy molten chocolate cake with the big bowl of vanilla icecream on top and caramel sauce to top it off :p And also a big cuppa nice American coffee. Yummy!! it was deliciouus!! I can still taste that cake haha but we all had that.I thought since I've been so good then I could give myself a treat and have a good time :)

I just joined a meetup group in my area for a free bootcamp saturday mornings. thought itd be a good way to workout and meet new people :)

Good subject, ive started working out a year ago and have already put on 15 kilos of muscle.:D

Got to know alot about the ins and outs of the human body and its response to workouts, so feel free to ask me stuffs.:p

I think anything in moderation is something to keep in mind. The Hobbits were partial to occasionally smoking and drinking but usually not to excess and were keen on long walks and so the exercise and activity vs "bad things" very good.

Quick supplemental weight loss tip that anyone can do...

First, a little chemistry:

a 'calorie' is the amount of energy required to raise 1 gram (or kilogram, in the case of a Calorie, capital 'C') of water up in temperature by 1 degree Celsius.

Therefor, if you drink a kilogram of water (a gallon works to about 3.5 kilograms I believe, depending on atmospheric pressure) as cold as you can get it, it's going to absorb body heat from your innards. Your body, in turn, will burn energy (ie, carbs and fats) to replenish that energy.

So drink a shitload of cold water. It's good for you anyways.

resistance training (weights) = muscle growth, through tearing and repairing of the muscle, this is called ADAPTATION, to shift body compostition you must consume less calories then you use, this is done through hard work i'm afraid... :(

a year ago i swore off fast food and soda and mostly fried food in general. i lost 30 lbs in that year but i have stopped right where im at and have been there for quite some time now. what else can i do with my eating habits to continue to lose more weight? i want to lose like 30 more lbs and ill be right about where im supposed to be in weight.

Latest posts

Back