How important is what I wear?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obscure_Aspect said:
Jesse said:
Lol. I'm simply comfortable in jeans, t-shirt, and tenni's. :) So I guess it's not so important eh? As long as I look groomed?

I would say being well groomed is the most important part. I think jeans and t-shirts are fine most of the time, but for a dinner date you should go a little nicer such as a button down shirt with your jeans or khakis and a polo shirt. It really depends on the girl also. Most women like giving men fashion advice, so don't be afraid it ask.

Thank you, I appreciate the advice!

I'm throwing away my hoodies currently...I feel as though I'm out-growing them. They seem mostly for kids.

I guess you learn fashion stuff by being around people who HAVE fashion sense. and being in college in the middle of DC I am surrounded by professionals who dress waaaay differently than me.

Makes me more aware of what I should and shouldnt wear.

Ah, just wear what you feel comfortable in! That's what I'm gonna stick with. :)

Jesse said:
Ah, just wear what you feel comfortable in! That's what I'm gonna stick with. :)

Yes but one does evolve in age with what they are allowed to wear fashion-wise. Admit its true. Admit it! :p

SophiaGrace said:
I'm throwing away my hoodies currently...I feel as though I'm out-growing them. They seem mostly for kids.

a dude i work with is 49yrs old. he is well travelled, working on a phd in linguistics and a father.

he occasionally has a nice J and wears HOODIES all the time..

dont give in Sophia! power to the hoodie!

:D

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
SophiaGrace said:

a dude i work with is 49yrs old. he is well travelled, working on a phd in linguistics and a father.

he occasionally has a nice J and wears HOODIES all the time..

dont give in Sophia! power to the hoodie!

:D

lol! ok :p

It shouldn't be important, but many people look what other people wear, for me it is not important I my idea is that you should wear anything that makes you feel comfortable.

I for one, always argued that clothing should be totally optional for women, at all times, over the age of 18. Sadly, I don't know why, but whenever I expose my ideas, I get slapped. I guess people aren't ready for modern times.... ;-)

Seriously, though, jeans and a t are my go to. Don't have a fashion sense if it came out and bit me. I shave, wear deodorant, take showers every day, throw away old clothes and replace it with new, own dress shirts and the like for formal occasions, wear dress shirt and pants at work for work purposes....but it's not a fashion show ;-) I'm not out to woo the crowds with my undefinable yet mystical oozing charisma or anything...so dress as you wish. Yeah, people will judge you for what you wear; screw 'em. Unless you plan on taking them out to lunch every day, it's not like what anyone else thinks matters. Dress yourself. That's it. As long as you're happy, your loved ones are happy, your girlfriend, your boss, the people that actually matter in your immediate existence, that's all that counts.

Latest posts

Back