so depressed with life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisislife

Reaction score
I am so depressed and bored with life
I'm 19/ a girl
I have no drive for anything ever anymore
I've lost all my friends tragically, so I have no one to talk to. No one.
I don't get along with my mom
I go to this lame university where i'm so unmotivated.
I've lost my one and only dream of becoming an architect.
I feel so alone. I don't really like myself. And what i'm becoming.
I'm not that person I used to be....I used to have a life, and great friends and a social life. I used to be happy and have crazy desires and wanted to live life to the fullest. At one point I had it all...everything i ever wanted. Now I have nothing and no one. I'm jealous of people around me....what they have.
I started university, lost all my high school friends, and i hate how everyone around me has that best friend from high school that they go visit on the weekends and holidays and talk about...and i don't have that. I'm afraid what people will think when they find out i don't have any friends. It's no the same. Nothing is the same anymore. I wish i was 17 again[/align]

What should I do?

hey thisislife, positive vibes to you.

lack of motivation, boredom and depression.. hmm... sounds like LIFE to me.. if you are 'clinically depressed' and feeling utterly overwhelmed then seeing someone might be a good idea for you (counsellor, therapist, psychologist..)

otherwise you are in one of life's downward spirals. changes come unbidden and unfortunatley sometimes they are huge, fat changes of smelly smeg. yep, sometimes things seem to be alright and then WHAM! the universe takes an interest in YOU and decides that its time you had a bit more CHALLENGE in life.. the universe bites big and hard.. it has a lot to answer for.

it is what it is.

sometimes we have to roll our sleeves up and start 'building'.. i have no idea what i would like to build in this zoo of a world so i tend to focus on 'managing' day to day as best as i can..

to start i would suggest trying not to hate other people because you see that they have a friend to talk to.. that hatred will just waste your energy and weaken you.

maybe if people were to find out that you have no friends they will fight each other to the death to be your first buddy?? :p

peace dude :)

hey this is life, i have similar problems the lack of motivation the feelings of lethagia

maybe you can talk to a consular maybe they prescribe something that might help

oh I'm sorry what happened to being an architect?

you're still young I'm sure you can try again

what university are you at?

i always hope someone says U of iowa then i could track them down and we'd be lonely buddies together

i agree it is hard we shouldn't be embarassed for being lonely but yet we are, even though we did nothing wrong

you don't have to say you don't have any friends just say you're socaily reserved or an introvert

keep trying I hope luck will grace will you

hugs_to_you.jpg

:)

Universities are always strange places to be. I think you need to figure out what you want to do, and take the route that gives you the most chance of achieving it.

Students can be remarkably open to different people at university. They've developed an adult sense of responsibility, so bullying becomes rarer, and the "types" that are seen in schools are less evident. I don't think people will judge you based on your amount of friends.

Concentrate on work time and play time so that you can get the best out of them: in fact, they bring the best out of each other. You have access to a free library: read the honeysuckle out of it, and you'll feel more motivated to do things with your friends because you've "earned" it. Join clubs. I say this a lot, but there really are lonely people EVERYWHERE, especially university - one of you just has to make the first move.

Also, don't give up your dream of being an architect and I won't give up my dream of being a director. 'K? 'K.

I'm 19 and my life is exactly the same, except I'm at work. My colleagues know my situation simply because they never see me with a mobile phone texting or talking to anyone, or hear about me talk about my weekend so they try and avoid me and a couple of them absolutely hate me for no reason, so I end up going mad at them cause they try and deliberately use me to bounce off eachother with belittling and piss taking comments and sometimes all I wanna do is punch the living honeysuckle out of them when I can't 'cause it's in the work environment.

Unfortunately it's how it goes. I recommend for your own good, if you go into the working world anytime in the near future, to actually make it look as though you have a social life and don't make the same mistake I did. Pretend you're texting from time to time and make it look like you have something interesting to say about your friday nights/weekend, but obviously bullshit it.

It might just be me knowing my luck, ended up working with a bunch of cunts.

:(

Latest posts

Back