Feeling very lonley.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peach2810

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this website and to be honest a little unsure where to start!

I suppose I’m here because I feel so alone.

I have an amazing husband who I love very much and we have a great life together. He is and always has been extremely ambitious; he is a solicitor and works long hours. He supports me so much and I really don't think I could have imagined a better husband.

My issue is that I feel so alone, I work on Monday' and Tuesday and do not feel satisfied in my job but the money is so good for what I do and it allows me to afford to stay off Wed – Fri to study. I work in a very small office, I haven’t met anybody here that I would want to see outside of work as we are all quite different, well I should say the three ladies all get on very well, they all have a lot in common, especially that they have all lived and grown up in this small town, and their families all live here.

Wednesday - Friday I am at home which I love as I feel safe and happy most of the time (I study for these three days - it's flexible learning though so the pace is relaxed and relatively slow).

Mon – Fri I just feel so very alone, I have no friends, no family near by and nobody that I can just pop round to see for a chat or to invite out for a girly afternoon etc

I don't have any children as yet but I also don't have any family around here, both of our sets of parents live a couple of hours away; I also don't have any friends. I never had a problem making them when I was younger but after college everybody moved on to careers or moved in/away with partners and I have just lost contact with them and as I have grown up (I’m 26) I have found it so hard to make friends, maybe living in a very small town and working in a very small office (4 people including me!) doesn’t help!

Everybody around me seems to have family and friends with them and I love seeing people together because it makes me happy but it is also a constant reminder that I am alone and I feel so alone. I sometimes feel that I rattle around in our house and I think that sometimes makes me feel lonelier, but I’m not sure, I am just so desperate to have friends and somebody to talk to. I love when my husband comes home and I feel so happy but the next day when he leaves (5.30am) I just feel down because I know that I am going to face the day with nobody at all to talk to or see and generally this is my life week to week.

I don't know what I am expecting from posting this but ……..

Peach

Hi Peach,

There are no groups you can join?
Book clubs?
Cooking/gardening/crafts interest that have groups nearby?
What inerests do yo have that might translate into something of this sort?

There are plenty of people here to interact with, but if you live in a populated area there may be live interaction possible.

Well, at least you're happily married. But I'll say this community has seen a fair share of people in your situation and there's others like you here...people married, but lacking other people to call friends, or feeling -to various degrees- alienated at work.

Which I guess is why this forum is here. To feel a bit less lonely.

hi peach welcome to the forum

I'm sorry you've been feeling lonely please don't be too hard on yourself, it can be common, to feel kinda lonely in the "real world " iguess after college, because you are no longer surronded by people your same age with similar interests

I'd recamend maybe getting a dog or some kitties for company, and a dog , might be good to it'll make get outside for a walk, try and find a nice park, where other people walk dogs then you can maybe start to converse with them

anyways best of luck
*hugs*

:)

Latest posts

Back