For the sake of Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Writer

Reaction score
I already made a quick introduction to myself.
Afraid of telling too much too much about myself, I kept it short. These last few days though, I have realised that I need to put my fears aside and write why I’m here in the first place, otherwise what’s the point?
I’ve always been socially handicapped… Never completely without friends, but they weren’t people I really clicked with. When I went to New Zealand I became part of a larger group of awesome, freakishly random Kiwis. I even got a boyfriend, whom I fell deeply in love with. We were part of the same group, everything was awesome. Except for the fact that I had to leave again…
When I left, said boyfriend came with me back to Denmark for a month. Even though I had left behind all the guys, it was okay, cause he was there.
A few days after he left I was starting a new school and everything was just shittier than life has ever been. My parents had moved to a new house deep within the country while I had been gone and I hated that house, I hated school, everything. The only thing that kept me going was that I had to go back this winter, working my ass off every weekend to achieve it.
I’d live my life from one moment at the computer to the next, just waiting for someone to sign on to messenger. Every time one of them would mention my ex it would hurt like honeysuckle, like such things does.
More than a month ago I received an email from him, where he said he wanted to come back here in a bit less than a year. He loved me still. I couldn’t believe it, I knew it wouldn’t work but I had to say yes!
All our mates told me I was silly if I thought he’d let me go… So I didn’t… But he did. He couldn’t handle the long distance, and who am I to judge him?
Now it just hurts all over again, even worse than before, because this time he took down a bit of my dignity as well.
I’m back to who I always was, as if New Zealand had never happened. I’m a social disaster, I’m afraid of the crowded halls and my fellow students. My mother is always laughing at me for some reason I don’t understand, and every time I hear any news from NZ I can hear they pity me as if they know I’m a wreck, and that he is perfectly fine by now…
I know I’m whining and I’m sorry. I just feel like I’ve gone back in time… I’m back to grey, lonely 14. And it doesn’t look like it will ever change. Young Danes don’t get it. They don’t get being weird just for the fun of it, or any of the things that use to make me laugh…
I just felt the need to tell someone, and what better place to do it than here?
If you made it to the end of my odd tale, then thank you for listening.

i feel for you. i never belong. i dont even belong here. i just started college this year and its gotten so bad im back to having bad thoughts. i'm sorry all this has happened and i'm sorry about your ex. at our age its very tough. life is changing fast once you hit about 17, 18 years old. people start going up. people start moving on but some of us dont. some of us stay the same and we get left behind. i'm sorry if you feel that way too. i know how hard this can be. i read you're whole post and i'm here to listen. anytime just personal message me. i'm here for you. i know how it is to get looks from people. i walk around campus alone everyday. it sucks i know. i broke up with my ex months ago and it still sucks. i dont think i love her anymore but it hurts. she even texts me and tells me she is happy and rubs it in that i'm not. thats the worst feeling in the world to know that your past love is happy and your not. it sucks :( i'm sorry. i hope everything gets better for you

Hey writer don't worry about being whiny

we all want to share what is going on in our lives

why is the new school so bad?

what is it about newzeland that is so differnt from denmark?

I'm sure if you kept trying you can fit in with some people in your hometown

how old are you?

maybe if you try hard enough at school and if money isn't and issue you could maybe try to get into a colege in new zealand,

by the way what evver happened to old zeland

i mean here we have new england, that came from england, and new mexico that came from mexico,

why isn't there a just a zealand

hmm strange

anyways best of luck writer

try and stay positive, have you tried skyping with your zealnd pals?

*hugs*

hugs-and-kisses025.gif

evanescencefan91 said:
Hey writer don't worry about being whiny

we all want to share what is going on in our lives

why is the new school so bad?

what is it about newzeland that is so differnt from denmark?

I'm sure if you kept trying you can fit in with some people in your hometown

how old are you?

maybe if you try hard enough at school and if money isn't and issue you could maybe try to get into a colege in new zealand,

by the way what evver happened to old zeland

i mean here we have new england, that came from england, and new mexico that came from mexico,

why isn't there a just a zealand

hmm strange

anyways best of luck writer

try and stay positive, have you tried skyping with your zealnd pals?

*hugs*

hugs-and-kisses025.gif

lots of questions.. let me see... I'm socially handicapped, I have an annoying fear of growds and eye contact, how i managed to make friends in NZ in still a mystery to me... The difference... hmm... is it odd to say that people here just seem a bit more snoppy? hmm its not the right word... It's just different... I'm stuck here for sure though.
I believe Zealand is somewhere in the netherlands, but I'm not sure...
Thanks for the reply:)

Latest posts

Back