My story...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlonelySoul

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm new to the forum so bear with me. My loneliness had been getting worse and worse and I really need to talk things out and release some emotions...

I am a teen girl in highschool who is pretty average i guess you could say. I have a lot of self esteem issues and I do not like my appearance, but i guess i'm average. I've never really had any friends to hang out with or talk to so i've kinda been used to being on my own.

My biggest issue is the fact that everyone ignores me. I know i'm an average girl and i don't expect anyone to talk to me but it would be nice of one person recognized I was there. Most of the time i'm ignored and people usually run into me because they don't see that i'm there.

It's not that i'm antisocial or anything because I do go up to people and introduce myself trying to start a conversation, but most people already have their group of friends and just ignore me. I don't know what's wrong with me...maybe i smell or something :p

I did just move from my hometown which was a 1,300 mile move so I am fairly new to most people here but you would think they would at least give me a shot...even back at my hometown nobody talked to me or gave me a chance... I honestly don't know what to do at this point...

All i long for is one person, girl or guy, to even recognize that i'm alive and to talk to me, I don't think that is a lot to ask for but i could be wrong...I'm stuck at a dead end in life at the moment and I really don't know what to do...Any advice would help, thanks.

-AlonelySoul

im really sorry for what you are going through. Have you considered joining some kind of club? when i was in HS i didnt have any friends but i think my saving grace was that i played sports. you dont have to talk to people on the field- at least i never did. you just have to play and its a way to interact. you're told what to do and you're kept busy so there's no worrying about having to socialize. even though i still didnt have any friends, this was one way for me to have some interaction with people.

Well, I notice you. :) And I think most people here will too.

This isn't very positive advice, but highschool blows. I would suggest just toughing it out. I know it sucks. For the most part, your peers are either too full of themselves and their clique, or they have their own social difficulties like us and they hide too.

But other than that, you need to work on your self esteem. If it's your weight, then try working out or eating less (you don't have to diet; just eat smaller portions and better foods), or better yet both. If it's your clothes or style, try some different looks. I've found out just about anyone can look good for less than $20.

Most importantly, find something you like and become good at it. 'Confidence through Competence', as I like to say.

Brian said:
Well, I notice you. :) And I think most people here will too.

This isn't very positive advice, but highschool blows. I would suggest just toughing it out. I know it sucks. For the most part, your peers are either too full of themselves and their clique, or they have their own social difficulties like us and they hide too.

But other than that, you need to work on your self esteem. If it's your weight, then try working out or eating less (you don't have to diet; just eat smaller portions and better foods), or better yet both. If it's your clothes or style, try some different looks. I've found out just about anyone can look good for less than $20.

Most importantly, find something you like and become good at it. 'Confidence through Competence', as I like to say.

Excellent advice. the sad fact of high school is your either in...or your out. I was out but did have a group of friends. I recommend the same things, get yourself in shape "nothing to lose" try some sports. Try a different style of dress. subtle changes may surprise you.

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I recently lost 20 pounds which did help my self esteem a bit but I still feel like I could lose more. I'm in the process of losing 10 more pounds and I've been trying different styles of clothing/makeup. We'll see how it goes.

As for the clubs, I've joined several different clubs, but it's kinda hard because everyone has their "group" they hang with. I hate cliques. I will be joining a few different clubs next semester though so fingers crossed.

-AlonelySoul

hey alonelysoul welcome to the forum :D

ya highschool was pretty hard for me, espicaly for the same reasons, i'm pretty average unremarkable I'd say, there are so many people, it's hard to not get lost in the masses,

i am also pretty quiet so the worst is when i am talking and someone louder keeps cutting me off, i feel so sad when that happens :(

how many years of highschool do you have left?

it's not so cliched in college

just try and hang in there do well in your studies find something to do in your spare time to stay occupied, that's good that you've been losing weight, do you excersice, excersice is a great hobby, during my second existential crisis almost everyday after school i would go down to the Y to play racketball, and read on the little excercise bikes and sometimes i would go swimming

i don't want to jinx myself for fear of it all happening over again, but i have made some friends, it took longer than i had hoped, but i have people to hang out which is nice

and ps

you're so much better than average
*hugs*

your_special_hugs.gif

You are too sweet evanescence, huggles. I sadly still have 2 years left to tough out. I like the idea of exercising more though, I'll try and visit the gym more often. Thanks for the advice it really does help and i'm glad to hear you have found some friends to hang out with. You are much better than average as well. Thanks hugs,

-AlonelySoul

Hi AlonelySoul

I'm sorry to hear your problems i suffered from getting ignored in high school too.
And all i have to say is that i agree with Brian and It Was me, high school sucks and there's not much you can do about that. Tough though it. on the positive side it'll be over in two years for you right ^^.
I got to say though sorry but the gym thing doesn't work if you lack social confidence, not appearance. What i'm saying is if you think your not good looking go to the gym but if you think it's the way you interact with people then it wont help. I know from experience. I go to the gym alot.

Latest posts

Back