Newbie here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allbymyself

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I recently discovered this board after I typed my feelings into a search engine.  I'm here for the same reasons as everyone else...I have no one in my life - friend or foe. I dont love anyone (but I want to) and no one loves me.  I'm totally and completely alone and I would sell my soul for a conversation with someone other than myself.

I'm glad to have found this board, but I have been reading some of the posts and am completely surprised to find that there are sooooo many people that feel the same way that I do and have no friendship in their lives. I've been alone for so long that I really believed that there was no one else that could possibly understand what I'm going through. I believed that no one else could possibly know what it is like to be all alone in this huge world.  Now that I've found this place I know that I was so wrong.

Its sad that most of us are here because of lonliness.  In a world as huge as ours, no one should be alone if they do not wish to be.  It makes me sad.  But I'm glad that I've found this place.  Hopefully it will be a step in the right direction to help relieve some of the  lonliness. I hope you'll help me and I definitely will do the same in return. None of us should feel this way.

Welcome. Dunno what else to say hopefully you find something that will make you happier here.

Hi there

I just read your message and am sorry you feel so alone Lonliness is a silent curse in society that few people want acknowledge and even fewer want to own up to. I dont know what country you are in that doesnt really matter If swapping a few e mails will help please get in touch:)

Hi Allbymyself,

I think most people are really struggling for someone to really understand them. It's hard in today's society. Many people wear masks everywhere all day and rarely let down their guard.

Also I think loneliness is part of the modern human condition. We used to live in clans and/or extended families. Everyone could have someone to talk with, because we lived in houses all together, grandmother lived with us to help with the babies, etc., everyone had a role and everyone could relate to the others. The breaking up of the family, very recently in modern history, has led people to a life of loneliness and struggle.

very nice presentation; just loved it; i felt the same way when i came here, and what i can say is that it gave me the opportunity to view other problems then my own...i can't say that it helped me in my loneliness problem but it gave me a lot of knowledge; i hope you like the site and it will help you in a possitive way! if you want you can writ eme anytime; i love to make new friends here!

Latest posts

Back