A Quote I Found

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mopsy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I know I don't post a lot, but I read quite a bit on here. I happened across a quote that continues to encourage me every time I read it (so much so, I write it on my hand/arm every day after I shower now) and I wanted to share it with you all.

"We dream of hope, we dream of change, of fire, of love, of death, and then it happens; the dream becomes real. And the answer to the quest, this need to solve life's mysteries finally shows itself, like the glowing light of a new dawn. So much struggle, for meaning, for purpose, but in the end we find it only in each other. Our shared experiences of the fantastic, and the mundane. The simple, human need to find the kindred, to connect, and to know in our hearts that we are not alone."

I've been trying my hardest to not let my depression, no matter how bad it gets, control me. And I've found that sharing my experiences, no matter how unimportant, with someone, anyone who is willing to listen, gives me strength to move on through each and every minute where I can't find the strength to live.

A large part of that has been in reading, wondering, and occasionally crying with the people here, whether they know it or not. And I can only say one thing to all of you, and I say it with all my heart. Thank you, and I love you all.

I may not know if I want to keep striving on through my life until I die from natural causes (whatever those may be), but I do know I want to live my life before it ends, and you have given me the encouragement and support without even realizing it.

I'm by no means saying that I'm fine and dandy, every day still hurts, but I'm discovering that the little moments where I can see a small glimpse into a person's true feelings, beyond the masks that we put on every day, are the most encouraging thing in my life.

So to wrap this up, thank you for letting me, whether you knew it or not, share in your struggles, your triumphs, and even in every day chit chat. My love to you all.

awww we love you too Mopsy! <3

I go to a few forums where I really just read stuff instead of posting. Sometimes it helps to just read, and know you arent alone. You dont have to post yourself. Just...to read and know that the posts are from REAL people with REAL feelings going through REAL things is sometimes enough.

*hugs* thank you for sharing this quote.

Latest posts

Back