Depressed woman loses benefits

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's such bullshit.

Yet, I'm not surprised. MetLife will also put you through the ringer before you can expect to even receive benefits; evne though you have solid and valid evidence from doctors.

LOL.

benefits for depression?

im depressed, give me money.

here you go...

give it back, youre to happy.

gives back...

becomes depressed.

oh, now youre sad.

here you go...

:D

give it back...

(...)

Depression isn't an "on" and "off" switch. Depression can also lead to other (both mental and physical) illnesses and can be debilitating to those that suffer from it. Beyond that, I am sure those that receive such benefits also have proper documentation and doctor's diagnosis to back up their claim. It's not something you can just pop and say "Hi, I'm going to be depressed today. Can I have my money now?"

I apologize if I seemed forward with this post, "h i", but it struck a nerve, being someone that was a caretaker of a parent who suffered from depression (and is now dead due to illnesses that depression contributed to). Until you or have had a loved one that you have personally taken care of that has suffered from depression, it's hard to grasp the severity of the mental disease. Then again, most mental diseases and disorders aren't taken seriously enough.

I actually read about that on line a few days ago. The company claimed the pics weren't the only reason, but I smell a rat. Like a day at the beach means you're no longer depressed?? Dumbasses.

This is nuts. Hopefully she gets some legal advice and finds out what her rights are.

The thing is, if they're using Facebook as evidence, they'll ought to have to look at the hundreds of status updates she's put on her account during the time she's had it. If she's really depressed (which from what I've read, she probably is), I imagine her Facebook account shows it. I'd love for people to use Facebook as evidence for my chronic illness. Hard to fake years of misery like that. Sure I have lots of optimistic posts, but I have a lot of posts that say things like 'Kept falling down so finally gave up and stayed in bed. FML'. I bet her account is no different.

Latest posts

Back