Do we all have a severe insecurity that we're hiding?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mr. Sir

Maybe that's why it's hard for us to get friends and partners. I think I'm scared of people calling me out on my weaknesses unmercifully and telling me IT'S ALL MY FAULT for not fixing them, so I hear negative voices in my head all day making me afraid of other people.

Maybe some peeps here would open up and talk about what their deep dark insecurities and things that they hate about themselves are.

i definitely have big insecurities. when i was in high school i had a really bad complexion and some people would make fun of me. so now i like to hide in the corner because im afraid of what someone will say about how i look. and i avoid my peers because i feel like im an invalid around them. i go to college with people a lot younger then me so i dont feel as much pressure from them. but when i walk to school i see women my age dressed in business attire and i feel like an ass. sometimes when i take my dog to the dog park i will avoid people my age because im afraid they'll ask me what i do. i feel extremely inferior around my peers.

lol, insecurities....I have those...

Yeah pretty much feel inferior to a lot of people :l

Is it the end of the world? no...

Yea I tend to avoid people because I'm mainly afraid to let people know what I like to do, I'm afraid of the high expectations from others, for example when I say I like to draw, listen to music, people would expect me to be some sort of painter or artist, which I'm not.

I'd like to work on improving that, but sometimes it's easier said than done, so I still have an inferiority complex, however I enjoy seeing people who are honest and talk about what they like to do, because they have pride on their ability, I love and envy these people at the same time, no matter what their ability and skill level is, I love seeing people who are honest about themselves and what they like, mainly because it is something I can't do in real life.

well society has a lot of stigmas and expectations on what kind a life is worthwhile.

but society isn't a purple, three headed beast living in a cave arbitrarily casting judgement on those that approach it looking for acceptance.. its actually made up of PEOPLE.

..**** i'm tired and dont feel like getting detailed.. sooo.. some people just suck. you have to use your own judgement on who you decide to disclose personal things about yourself.. even 'not so personal' things..

some a-holes actually do believe that they are better than other people, they are the ones that will make you feel inferior.. but thats because you give your power away.. you have to learn how to protect yourself.. create a shield that you can put up when you sense an a-hole in the vicinity.

"there is no better or worse between you or me, but I rock the mike so viciously"
Beastie Boys.

..there is only different.

the irony is that those that think they are superior are actually inferior. its just a mind game. there is ALWAYS someone that is better looking, funnier, smarter, taller, cooler.. whatever.. but you can always be BIGGER if you don't become a smug a-hole strutting around like their honeysuckle don't stink.

fight the stinkies.. er.. power :p

Yes, of course. There's no such thing as perfection, every single human being on this planet has a weakness. Perfection is an idea, a fantasy, IT DOESN'T EXIST, IT NEVER DID.

The beautiful face jealousy & objectification, the ugly face ridicule & shame. The mighty & ferocious lion will die helplessly in the arctic, while the indominable polar bear will collapse in the jungles. Nothing in nature & the world is perfect. Just remember this, for every insecurity that you have, the person next to you has them, too.

oneguyfromfl said:
Yes, of course. There's no such thing as perfection, every single human being on this planet has a weakness. Perfection is an idea, a fantasy, IT DOESN'T EXIST, IT NEVER DID.

The beautiful face jealousy & objectification, the ugly face ridicule & shame. The mighty & ferocious lion will die helplessly in the arctic, while the indominable polar bear will collapse in the jungles. Nothing in nature & the world is perfect. Just remember this, for every insecurity that you have, the person next to you has them, too.

You really think that EVERYONE has insecurities?

Yeah, I think everyone has at least one, though that may be of differing severity. I've got a few. E.g. deep down I feel I cannot ever be loved by anyone cuz I'm just not good enough for that, no matter how much I try or pretend otherwise. Though I do the pretense thing quite well and I think I can fool people most of the time, except for the closest ones. Keeping up a simple conversation has always been harder for me than writing a thesis, how screwed is that? And if you can't do banter half the time, always thinking what the hell do I say next (and often failing to come up with anything suitable), how can you expect anyone to seriously like you? Also I fear that I'll never really amount to anything, too lacking in initiative.

SocratesX said:
Maybe that's why it's hard for us to get friends and partners. I think I'm scared of people calling me out on my weaknesses unmercifully and telling me IT'S ALL MY FAULT for not fixing them, so I hear negative voices in my head all day making me afraid of other people.

Maybe some peeps here would open up and talk about what their deep dark insecurities and things that they hate about themselves are.
Insecurities can handicap you, but they don't define you.

A friend or partner that can see YOU for who you are, and embrace you despite the good and bad - is someone that deserves hold a place in your heart.

Everyone else can suck it. :)

SocratesX said:

I hate that, for much of my life, I've allowed my insecurities manifest themselves in a need for other people's validation. This need for other people to tell me, "You're good enough, smart enough and gosh darn it, we like you" has hobbled me. I've allowed myself to be taken advantage of, taken for granted and just flat-out used, just because I was hanging on the weight of someone else's opinion of me, my work, my talent.

In retrospect, my gut instinct has been dead-on every single time. The people who eventually used me or lied to me gave me that feeling of untrustworthiness from the start, but I suppressed it, second-guessing myself, as always.

Part of my journey (yes that sounds hokey, sorry) has been to realize that I am good enough, talented enough, strong enough, and anyone who doesn't realize that, or who actively tries to sabotage me by using my insecurity against me, is not someone I need in my life.

Sometimes I need to remind myself of that.

in highschool my hair started to thin in the back, on the crown of my head. i was compared to the black guy in the hair restoration commericial because i used to have an afro before it started thinning. now when im on campus, i wear a hat usually in fear of someone seeing my balding spot and saying something to someone else under their breath, putting me down for it since im only 20. im also pretty short, so i look but dont talk to girls who are taller than me. its a really awkward situation when you have to look up to someone whom youve never met before.

Heh. Well this one is rather funny and personal. I've been lonely my whole life, having grown up so far from any type of city or town, but I got internet about 6 months ago and I got a webcam. Long story short, I gathered up some courage and traded live nude feed with a chick on some site. I've always thought my dick was rather on the small side, but she had told me I just have huge balls! I swear to god I was riding on top of the world for like a week straight!

I think the better question would be to ask who doesn't have any insecurities.

If someone appears to be perfect, it usually means they're far from it. :/

You have to be happy with yourself..
You have to let in your weaknesses and improve yourself..
Be happy with the skills you already have..
But you have to accept both sides.
It's just the way it is..
If you accept the situation you will be abble to do something about it.

Latest posts

Back