Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To whoever started the 'suicide stories' thread.
I think it's totally fucking disgusting. We're supposed to be here to help each other out and try to maintain a positive outlook. How the hell is comparing notes on suicide going to help anybody? All that's gonna do is make people wallow even more in their own anguish.

For the record, I have tried to commit suicide myself and if it's genuine, it's not something you broadcast over a fucking website. What a bunch of shit this place can be sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENTS
Yes I agree if the thread is no good and gets closed so be it. I just figured hey, I'm lonely and it's something to talk about other lonely folks may have in common. I highly doubt anyone who is suicidal will get any good advice from it considering everyone who posts is still alive. If you really want to die you'll find a way, it's not about that. It's just about people sharing experience.

I mean seriously, if anyone here has ever been to a support group of any kind and has tried killing themselves, most likely it would be something they would talk about. So as I've said it's just something to talk about. In my opinion the people that come here don't want to die, they are looking for a way to live, answers. Anyway not going to start a drama of the whole thing. If the mods think it's an innappropriate post they can close it, if not, it will be filled with interesting stories from varied people who's lives are unique in their own experiences.

Anyway, sorry if you felt offended by the thread, report it if you would like. I do think it's interesting to hear other people's stories though and I shared mine, if that's hard for you, again my apologies.
I disagree, but if that's your mentality then I obviously can't do anything to change it. I just think the whole subject is highly inappropriate for a website where the main objective is to help people focus on life, not death.

People will do as they please, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENTS
I posted my story because I wanted to talk about how glad I was I survived.
[Image: deathwing_1024x0768.jpg]

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I've come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father.
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now!
My time now!
Give me my, give me my wings!"
I agree with CAS.

Jesse, you make a good point, and I do believe that writing about your suicide can be helpful, but don't write **** like "moral of the story, if you want to die, do it right and don't fear the reaper" or how much of a "pussy" you are for not succeeding. That's just awful. Is that the message you want to send out to people here?
"Whatever you're looking for
You better stop looking behind
Whatever you want to change
You better start changing your mind
'Cause anything can be done
Stand up 'cause this is your time"
(11-25-2009, 11:41 PM)Jesse Wrote: I posted my story because I wanted to talk about how glad I was I survived.

Yes and i see that as the redeeming value of the thread.

If it becomes a "how too" then it is gone.

The attempt is an experience that is all to common and I believe that there can be some value in talking about it in a constructive way. I do agree with those that question how constructive some of the statements were, still there are many like Jesse who in hindsight came to find that they were short sighted in their attempts and have some insight to offer.

The future of the thread depends on what the posters choose to make out of it. A place to talk or a place to promote self destruction.
(11-26-2009, 12:45 AM)Minus Wrote:
(11-25-2009, 11:41 PM)Jesse Wrote: I posted my story because I wanted to talk about how glad I was I survived.

The attempt is an experience that is all to common and I believe that there can be some value in talking about it in a constructive way. I do agree with those that question how constructive some of the statements were, still there are many like Jesse who in hindsight came to find that they were short sighted in their attempts and have some insight to offer.

The future of the thread depends on what the posters choose to make out of it. A place to talk or a place to promote self destruction.

And if people choose to make it a place to promote self destruction? Oh well, it's only people's lives we're playing with I suppose. Nothing of any value.
(11-26-2009, 01:21 AM)CAS Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 12:45 AM)Minus Wrote:

And if people choose to make it a place to promote self destruction? Oh well, it's only people's lives we're playing with I suppose. Nothing of any value.

Minus wrote:

I believe that should answer your question. This thread, and the other thread as well, have been discussed in the moderator section of the forum and we are VERY aware of both and they are being monitored.
As Minus said, if the other one turns into a "how to" thread, it will be closed.
(11-26-2009, 05:59 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote: I believe that should answer your question. This thread, and the other thread as well, have been discussed in the moderator section of the forum and we are VERY aware of both and they are being monitored.
As Minus said, if the other one turns into a "how to" thread, it will be closed.

No fair

No fair as in NO TYPOS IN YOUR POST :@
I appreciate your gesture, be it sadness, resentment, anger, or happiness. Thank you.
(11-26-2009, 06:12 AM)Sanal Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 05:59 AM)EveWasFramed Wrote: I believe that should answer your question. This thread, and the other thread as well, have been discussed in the moderator section of the forum and we are VERY aware of both and they are being monitored.

No fair

No fair as in NO TYPOS IN YOUR POST :@

:p hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Observations, Thoughts, And Dumb Questions Thread LoneKiller 74 23,171 06-11-2021, 08:18 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  BJD's and Callie's Cursing Thread SophiaGrace 431 137,679 04-20-2021, 02:01 AM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  I'm Thinking Of Creating A Thread Exclusive To Chess. What Do You Guys Think? LoneKiller 100 36,737 02-02-2021, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Lacrecia
  Funny stories from childhood iseestars 25 1,505 01-25-2021, 09:12 PM
Last Post: iseestars
Big Grin The OFFICIAL Weird and Creepy Shit Thread DayvanCowboy 182 67,444 01-11-2021, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Minus
  Friendly Christmas Chat Thread FriendlyFrog1776 1 1,119 12-26-2020, 09:02 AM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  Reincarnation Preventing Suicide August Campbell 21 5,726 06-29-2020, 06:03 AM
Last Post: mknfl
  Where's the Christmas card thread? SofiasMami 2 2,037 12-11-2019, 08:01 AM
Last Post: SofiasMami
  Suicide awareness day LittleWolf 4 1,111 09-11-2019, 01:06 AM
Last Post: ShellShock
  the official obscure music thread. dead 223 49,196 09-05-2019, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Minus