To whoever started the 'suicide stories' thread.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
I think it's totally ******* disgusting. We're supposed to be here to help each other out and try to maintain a positive outlook. How the hell is comparing notes on suicide going to help anybody? All that's gonna do is make people wallow even more in their own anguish.

For the record, I have tried to commit suicide myself and if it's genuine, it's not something you broadcast over a ******* website. What a bunch of honeysuckle this place can be sometimes.

Yes I agree if the thread is no good and gets closed so be it. I just figured hey, I'm lonely and it's something to talk about other lonely folks may have in common. I highly doubt anyone who is suicidal will get any good advice from it considering everyone who posts is still alive. If you really want to die you'll find a way, it's not about that. It's just about people sharing experience.

I mean seriously, if anyone here has ever been to a support group of any kind and has tried killing themselves, most likely it would be something they would talk about. So as I've said it's just something to talk about. In my opinion the people that come here don't want to die, they are looking for a way to live, answers. Anyway not going to start a drama of the whole thing. If the mods think it's an innappropriate post they can close it, if not, it will be filled with interesting stories from varied people who's lives are unique in their own experiences.

Anyway, sorry if you felt offended by the thread, report it if you would like. I do think it's interesting to hear other people's stories though and I shared mine, if that's hard for you, again my apologies.

I disagree, but if that's your mentality then I obviously can't do anything to change it. I just think the whole subject is highly inappropriate for a website where the main objective is to help people focus on life, not death.

People will do as they please, I guess.

I posted my story because I wanted to talk about how glad I was I survived.

I agree with CAS.

Jesse, you make a good point, and I do believe that writing about your suicide can be helpful, but don't write **** like "moral of the story, if you want to die, do it right and don't fear the reaper" or how much of a "pussy" you are for not succeeding. That's just awful. Is that the message you want to send out to people here?

Jesse said:

Yes and i see that as the redeeming value of the thread.

If it becomes a "how too" then it is gone.

The attempt is an experience that is all to common and I believe that there can be some value in talking about it in a constructive way. I do agree with those that question how constructive some of the statements were, still there are many like Jesse who in hindsight came to find that they were short sighted in their attempts and have some insight to offer.

The future of the thread depends on what the posters choose to make out of it. A place to talk or a place to promote self destruction.

Minus said:
Jesse said:

The attempt is an experience that is all to common and I believe that there can be some value in talking about it in a constructive way. I do agree with those that question how constructive some of the statements were, still there are many like Jesse who in hindsight came to find that they were short sighted in their attempts and have some insight to offer.

The future of the thread depends on what the posters choose to make out of it. A place to talk or a place to promote self destruction.

And if people choose to make it a place to promote self destruction? Oh well, it's only people's lives we're playing with I suppose. Nothing of any value.

CAS said:
Minus said:
Jesse said:

And if people choose to make it a place to promote self destruction? Oh well, it's only people's lives we're playing with I suppose. Nothing of any value.

Minus wrote:

I believe that should answer your question. This thread, and the other thread as well, have been discussed in the moderator section of the forum and we are VERY aware of both and they are being monitored.
As Minus said, if the other one turns into a "how to" thread, it will be closed.

EveWasFramed said:
I believe that should answer your question. This thread, and the other thread as well, have been discussed in the moderator section of the forum and we are VERY aware of both and they are being monitored.
As Minus said, if the other one turns into a "how to" thread, it will be closed.

No fair

No fair as in NO TYPOS IN YOUR POST :mad:

Sanal said:
EveWasFramed said:

No fair

No fair as in NO TYPOS IN YOUR POST :mad:

:p hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I feel suicidal all the time. I like talking about it with other people that feel the same way.

Latest posts

Back