I suppose I should say Greetings all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaosDragon

Reaction score
I'm still not entirely sure how or why I ended up here, but something tells me I'll find this to be a useful place to be. For the vast majority of my life I've struggled with social relationships for many reasons, some of which I think I understand and some which I don't. I tend to have only a few actual friends (though to be fair I'm pretty strict about what I consider a friend and what I don't) but develop really strong bonds with them. I'm very much open minded but also fairly eccentric with a lot of things. Going to college, but I don't drink and I also hate the atmosphere surrounding it, which tends to involve most of the people I've come across. I've got a pretty good grasp on what it is I want out of life, I just seem to have an ever increasingly difficult time getting it.

Welcome..............................I am a great believer in things happen for a reason..........................dont really understand it at the time but over time it all comes together

welcome to all :)

glad to have you here.

We have a chat, pop in sometime ok?

what are you going to college for?

SophiaGrace said:

glad to have you here.

Going to school for computer science, though at this point I care more about finishing what I started than what kind of job I end up with. I'm within an hour of home so I can still see my friends from time to time (though I wish it were more often), but honestly I'm not really enjoying my experience here. Just seems like everyone is too focused on where they'll be drinking Thursday through Sunday and I detest it. I don't like the idea of drinking to get drunk but that seems to be the only constant among everyone here. I liked community college better as the only people there were those who lived locally (which was convenient for social purposes) and actually wanted to learn something. If I had my choice, I would finish my degree there, but even if they had the classes I needed for my BA I doubt I'd be learning as much as I am here.

I'll be honest, I know practically nothing about this place other than it seems to be a spot for people to help each other in dealing with loneliness. I wouldn't mind learning a bit more beyond that; I'm sure there's at least some stuff I'd find useful to know.

ChaosDragon said:
SophiaGrace said:

glad to have you here.

I'll be honest, I know practically nothing about this place other than it seems to be a spot for people to help each other in dealing with loneliness. I wouldn't mind learning a bit more beyond that; I'm sure there's at least some stuff I'd find useful to know.

What kind of stuff would you like to know? :p

SophiaGrace said:
ChaosDragon said:
SophiaGrace said:

glad to have you here.

I don't know, I suppose things like when/how/why this place was created, what kinds of things do you do, and maybe what kinds of things I should be doing if I want to get involved with this little community. Though to be fair, if I knew what kind of things I were wanting to know I probably wouldn't need to ask :rolleyes:

ChaosDragon said:
SophiaGrace said:
ChaosDragon said:
SophiaGrace said:

glad to have you here.

I don't know, I suppose things like when/how/why this place was created, what kinds of things do you do, and maybe what kinds of things I should be doing if I want to get involved with this little community. Though to be fair, if I knew what kind of things I were wanting to know I probably wouldn't need to ask :rolleyes:

We have a chatroom at chat.alonelylife.com...it's usually busy around 9 eastern standard time in the USA.

Basically you learn more things by posting, the more you post, the more familiar you'll be with our traditions and little quirks.

If you get to know the core members of ALL, you understand ALL itself. It's quite simple.

Patience young grasshopper ;).

As to why this place was created, Bjarne made it. I dont know bjarne personally, very few people do. He created the forum/site and then apparently left :p He updates the forum every now and again though.

I am not sure when it was created but I dont think further back than a decade. I'd ask Minus if I were you, he seems to be a member that's been here a very long time. He's also a forum moderator!

List of Core People at ALL:

Steel
Minus
Evewasframed
Samba101
Sanal(zak)
Vanillacreme
Jesse
Lonesomecrow
naleena
Evanescencefan911
Me I guess :p
Spare
Cheaptrickfan
Punisher
Oceanmist23
Sammy
Sonic_95
Ekstra
DavayanCowboy
Brian

I'm sure I forgot some people o____o and if so I am really sorry. That's all I can remember now though :p

Latest posts

Back