Sick and depressed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

Reaction score
I've been feeling really depressed and did indeed consider taking my life.

I've been thinking how people are much more educated than me and going to colleges of their choice while I got my own rejection letter a few days ago.

I'm now at a school but it's a shitty school with teachers that are lackluster. I've paid so much so I can't drop out.

I am at the lowest point of life...and people around me don't care about me.

Where/who do I turn to when my parents are gone?? I could hardly survive at the world out there when i'm getting fired, trampled on all the time.

I'm seriously god **** depressed and have called up my new job to skip one day and move to other dates.

I've always looked at it like this: we can't know for certain what occurs after death. There is always a chance for something wonderful and amazing to happen in life. In conjunction, for some reason, these two things always make me hopeful.

And if not hope, at least have a hug and my good wishes. I won't say best of luck because that sounds like casting off. So instead, keep talking, it will help you. Breathing from the belly is also good for staying calm and grounded. Oh, and eat lots of honey, it's liquid sunshine. Smile too, even if at a fart joke; you do what you can.

-Sarpirus

hugs_to_you.jpg

I'm sorry snickers i feel your pain,

i don't know i just try not to think about all the honeysuckle that has gone down in my life, it's hard and sometimes i doubt whether it's healthy, we can't really change what has already happened, so try not to dwell on the past too much,

i'm sure there are people on campous you could connect with, is there an RA or a consulor you could talk with?

personaly, getting away from my parents has been somewhat of a relif, i could never really count on them to ttalk to when I'm feeling down, somehow, my mother would always find something to say to make me feel even worse

this too shall pass

:)

College/university isn't the only answer to life or success. Some of the wealthiest people I know have never even set foot on a college campus and some of them laugh at the thought. There are jobs that pay fine in the labor fields, great retirement plans and benefits to be found in the public service sector (city workers, firefighters, police, school employees), great strides to be made in the military, and of course there's a lot of money to be found -and interesting, PRACTICAL skills to learn- in the trades: Welding, Plumbing, Electrical work...though I wouldn't advise construction.

And of the handful of entrepreneurs and business owners I know, I can't think of any who've been to college.

Too many people are caught up with the idea that their life ends if they don't go to a good college or a university. I couldn't care less if I never have anything more than a 2 year degree. I would literally never apply it, and even a 2 year is just fluff to make me slightly more employable in my field.

You ultimately have to go through life on your own merits.

Don't call in to a new job to switch days. It looks awful. I'm sorry if that sounds rude but it's generally true...and if you get laid off you're just going to get in to a deeper slump and be worse off. The best thing you could possibly do right now is to make every day your best performance at whatever job you have. Look sharp, smile, go the extra yard and be efficient. It will pay off. You'll feel better about yourself and people will respect you more.

Unless a man gets political at his place of employment, he rarely gets fired because he's some kind of victim. Generally it's because of lackluster performance or attitude. We are not entitled to have jobs. Jobs must have a demand to be created, and the best performers -in theory- are the ones who will get them. It's up to us to make sure we're doing our best; otherwise, we will fall by the wayside with all the other slackers.

It's something I've been thinking about lately. If I ever come up with the money, I have two viable business ideas for this area, one of which is already in the works: Winter Management and Light Landscaping (kinda in the works the past two years), and something I think would do well, Renewable/Independent Energy Systems. My concern is that there is nobody in the younger generation around here who works worth a ****! I don't know how old you are, but I'm 22. And with VERY FEW exceptions, EVERYBODY I KNOW OF around my age is lazy as fresia! They have this sense of entitlement like the world owes them something. So I doubt I'd be able to find anybody even worth hiring who could learn the jobs and make the company look good! I can think of a grand total of TWO locals (younger ones who need work) I could really trust to efficiently drive a snowplow, shovel a roof, or reliably perform any sort of work relating to geothermal heating or solar power.

For most of that, all I would ask for is a work ethic. Electrician's license for solar work and wiring. But as far as I can see I can't even find a reliable base of workers I could count on for that. They all have this sense of entitlement like everyone else owes them. Like the chance to earn a living and do something worthwhile is some kind of terrible inconvenience. Thank you MTV, for creating a whole age bracket of delusional lackwits. And thank you, welfare hand-out state, for ruining a generation.

Hell, I can't even find guys to make viable firemen on my volunteer department! I dream of having a cadre of vibrant, fresh, young bucks to pull station shifts and show up for regular training, to work with so we could be a crack-team solution to a department with a horrible -and dangerous- age gap in it's membership. Clean cut professionals with a drive to learn and a good work ethic.

But they are anything but dependable, anything but professional. I would be DOWNRIGHT EMBARRASSED to have most people my age around here riding on my engine. They are worthless. I'd be wary even to issue them turnouts and let them observe on a fire scene. Forget altogether handing them any responsibility; they're fresia-ups.

Don't end up one of those people.

Be the hard worker. Be the exception to this new rule. Take charge and do something. I speak from experience when I say that is the best anti-depressant on the market, to rise and perform above the low-water mark.

I am in NO way advocating suicide, as I believe it to be a really, really bad idea. THe notion of it however, is something you can use to your advantage.

My life sucks balls, at least I often think so. But what sometimes helps me cheer up a little bit is saying to myself, "hell, I could just geek my self" "check out!" "pull the trigger". When you're at a point as low as that, saying those thinks can sometime spark another way of thinking: "thinks are so ******* shitty right now, that I have absolutely nothing to lose... so fresia it, i'll stay to fight another day, it doens't matter..."

and keep going like that.... im sure i sound kind of messed up saying it, but it's better than actually checking out for real.

Latest posts

Back