No Sleep. Not Good

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cheaptrickfan

I hate that when you're tired, everything is worse just because you're so damned exhausted and all your energy is spent staying awake so you can be marginally functional that anything else thrown your way is just too much to handle.

Jesus, that was a long sentence. Not quite coherent either.

My sleep patterns are all messed to hell. For the past month I've had some big disturbances with my sleep, but now I'm going on a solid week where I've been waking up, wide effing awake at 3 or 3:30 am with no hope whatsoever of going back to bed. Then I can't nap during the day even though I am just so drained and can't get to sleep until after midnight. I wake up un-rested. It's like I'm getting no REM sleep at all.

Ugh.

And for some reason I decided to go to the cemetery and visit my son's grave today. Why? For the love of god, why? I certainly wasn't able to deal with it well. But I had to go. I think I'm a masochist.

I really really want some sleep. Some solid, uninterrupted sleep. I'm starting to lose my honeysuckle here. :(

ooh sleep issues suck cheaptrick you have my sympathies, :(

on monday i was up all night due to an anxeity attack, and it compltely messed with my attempts to get a normal sleep schedual,

have you talked to a docter about this?

that might be a wise thing to do,

I like to take a shower before i go to sleep, becuase when your body moves from a wamr enviroment to a cold one

--like from a hot shower , back to my room, your body becomes natuarlly tired so that helps,

and a mild sedating antpsychotic does the trick as well.

i know there are also some fods that have been known to help people sleep like some dry ceral before bedtime,

i assume have you googled things to help you sleep?

I hope you can figure it out

*hugs*

ps teddys help as well

:)

Ambien made me horny, not sleepy. Nothing makes insomnia worse than insomnia with added 'tension'.

If this is temporary, try a Benadryl. That stuff knocks me out.

Do you normally have sleeping issues?

my roomate uses nightquill on occasion as well

i recently found out that my mother once gave me cough medicine to go to sleep becuase i was too hyperactive i wouldn't go to bed when i was younger

evanescencefan91 said:
my roomate uses nightquill on occasion as well

i recently found out that my mother once gave me cough medicine to go to sleep becuase i was too hyperactive i wouldn't go to bed when i was younger

My mom gave me liquid tylenol when I couldnt sleep as a kid :)

I use benadryl too,it doesnt make you feel like you have a hangover from taking it the next day

evanescencefan91 said:
have you talked to a docter about this?

I like to take a shower before i go to sleep, becuase when your body moves from a wamr enviroment to a cold one

and a mild sedating antpsychotic does the trick as well.

*hugs*

Thanks, hon. I know that my doctor will just throw Ambien or Lunesta at me. I still have some here in fact, so if things get worse I can medicate myself. The problem is with those drugs (same with Nyquil or Benadryl which I also have in my medicine cabinet) they just attack the symptom, but do nothing about the root cause. Still, if it gets worse I'll have to address getting rid of the symptom just so I can sleep and be functional.

I took a long, hot shower last night and while it relaxed me and I did get to sleep I still only got about 3 hours of sleep. Ideally, I need 8 to be really alert and functional and ain a good mood.

EveWasFramed said:
Ambien. I'd never sleep if I didn't take it.

Yeah, it's good stuff until I get dependent on it. Then I get withdrawal headaches. :(

coricopat said:
Do you normally have sleeping issues?

Off and on my whole life. At one point my doctor was considering getting me into a sleep lab. It got pushed back to the back burner though while we tried to get a handle on stabilizing my moods.

Awww (((cheaptrickfan)))...:(
I find it hard to sleep when I have too much going on in my mind...
If anything, whenever I have sleeping issues, it mainly due to stress...

Here is an interesting website that you could take a peek at:
http://www.guidetosleep.com/sleeptips/

I wish I could offer better advice...

Take it easy...

Luna said:
Awww (((cheaptrickfan)))...:(
I find it hard to sleep when I have too much going on in my mind...
If anything, whenever I have sleeping issues, it mainly due to stress...

Here is an interesting website that you could take a peek at:
http://www.guidetosleep.com/sleeptips/

I wish I could offer better advice...

Take it easy...

Thanks for the link. :)

You're right, when there's too much going on inside my head then sleep is all shot to hell. I am having a difficult time turning off my brain these days.

Stress is absolutely a contributing factor. Holiday stress just ramps it up a level. I have a lot to do, a ton of responsibilities which I can't shirk: I'm the Mommy, it's my job to get this done because no one else will do it, so I'm just gutting my way through it.

I suppose I may take an Ambien or Lunesta at some point just for the sleep and hope that things will get back to normal after the holidays are over... in a month or so!

What kind of responsibilities that you have?
Do you have big plans for the holidays?
Is there anyway that someone you know could lend a helping hand perhaps?

Latest posts

Back