Starting to feel that being inside is so much better...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

Reaction score
Recently, because I am jobless and just go to school for a few hours, I've started to become really 'attached' to my home and even fantasize living at home or check into a mental ward and stare at sceneries outside from the window forever and ever...

I don't do anything nowadays except surfing the net. I think I've started to fall back to being my reclusive self, like 3 years ago, I didn't do anything at all and just basically stayed home and surf the net and occasionally go down for food.

I have a reclusive friend too and she's not doing anything either.

I'm starting to feel **** comfortable right now but yet I dunno how to get out of it...

I hear you similarly. I live 12 miles from town and have no vehicle. I've been campaigning within myself to get comfortable here. I find the more I allow myself to act freely the happier I become, but the stranger the world around me is. At least I have some yummy gumbo. If you can be happy in your environment, it's not all bad.

You and your reclusive friend could get together and do stuff inside together. I know how you feel though. Alot of the time I just flat out feel better when I'm at home and simply dont want to go anywhere.

Of course I live out in the middle of nowhere, so even if I wanted to go places I wouldn't have many options.

I can also get pretty comfortable staying at home. Even if I have a whole free day that I could fill with any activity I want, it's always tempting to sit down in front of the computer or the TV all day long and do nothing. Staying active is pretty tough work. It requires effort. Sitting in front of the computer ot the TV doesn't require effort. Sometimes I just have to slap myself out of my lazy habit and force myself to get out there. Doesn't have to be something huge. A 15 minute walk to the grocery store, buy some carrots or whatever, 15 minute walk home. I like to get out at least once a day, because I know I'm never going to meet anyone when I'm sitting at home doing nothing. Once you get home, you can sit down with a nice big cup of tea and relax ^^

The internet has become a very good imaginary friend of mine. I've lived in the suburbs my whole life and have become attatched to home life. I live about 30-40 miles from the nearest city and don't miss it one bit.

"home is where the heart is"

I also spend a great deal of time at home, only going out occasionally for food if I want some junk. Oh and going to class yeah that too, but when I'm done straight home.

Going out really does nothing for me anymore, something bad always happens when I go out and it's really just not worth it, I never meet anyone, just randomly browse around and stuff.

I desperately need a job though. That would really help with getting me out of the house I think, but for now there is hardly any point in leaving it.

I think you have to get out there, Live..even if your on your on your own as I am. Travel, work, start a business even if it's something small. explore. we only get to do this life thing once, So far i've royally sucked at it but gosh darn, I'd refuse to rot in doors. Get a horse maybe?

LOL that's the best advice i've ever heard. "Get a horse maybe?" LOL

i could just see some person getting psyche advice from a counselour and they are all like
"i'm so unhappy, i'm a recluse, blah blah..." and the doctor is like "have you tried getting a horse?" LOL

lol i don't mean to make fun of you it was mine, but seriously that is funny lol, I'm going to start saying that if i meet people. Then if they have a problem and ask my opinion i'm going to say. have you tried getting a horse? LOL sorry..

anyway i've been a recluse much of my life about 8 years since being 15 or so... it's pretty easy to do.... hard to get out of... try being a recluse without the internet though... it sucks alot worse... then take away the tv and your really messed lol...

Latest posts

Back