fer all you gamers out there...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criminalhaysoos

Reaction score
What go you into gaming? What are your favorite games? What consoles do you own? What's your favorite genre? What's your favorite series? If you're on PlayStation Network, feel free to drop your ID :0)

xbox 360: bought it 2 years ago, I haven't had it for a year though because I let a friend borrow it and I haven't been able to contact him for a long time. grrr so i decided to....Probably most enjoyed Mass Effect and GTA there. Hated buying Halo 3 and Assassin's creed (only worth a rent).

Ps3: I own one, but it's sitting in a sony warehouse somewhere. Bought it a few days ago bundled with infamous and uncharted; the two games are out of stock and they'll ship them all together so it's on hold, thats good too since it's finals time. Got a 1080p monitor waiting for it :p I'm so into the Metal Gear Solid universe, It's been very difficult holding it off number 4 for so long. Got a PS2 too on which I sorta recently played Persona 4.

PC: it's my baby, lately its been MW 2 and though I own L4d2, I don't have anyone to play it with and I'm annoyed I spent full retail on it. I've been wasting a lot of money on impulse buys on steam.

Ekstra said:
xbox 360: bought it 2 years ago, I haven't had it for a year though because I let a friend borrow it and I haven't been able to contact him for a long time. grrr so i decided to....Probably most enjoyed Mass Effect and GTA there. Hated buying Halo 3 and Assassin's creed (only worth a rent).

Ps3: I own one, but it's sitting in a sony warehouse somewhere. Bought it a few days ago bundled with infamous and uncharted; the two games are out of stock and they'll ship them all together so it's on hold, thats good too since it's finals time. Got a 1080p monitor waiting for it :p I'm so into the Metal Gear Solid universe, It's been very difficult holding it off number 4 for so long. Got a PS2 too on which I sorta recently played Persona 4.

PC: it's my baby, lately its been MW 2 and though I own L4d2, I don't have anyone to play it with and I'm annoyed I spent full retail on it. I've been wasting a lot of money on impulse buys on steam.

If you love MGS then I love you. :0) How's MW2 going for you? My buddy has been raging about how much the online sucks and she's no noob. Awww. I thought Assassin's Creed was pretty good, but I don't own it myself so your right about it only being good as a rental. I did just order the second game since I enjoyed the first one so much. Great!

AC2 is supposed to make up for all the faults of the first so and I've heard it's well worth it and I might buy it soon. MW2 is great, just as fun as COD4...except no dedicated servers(issue close to my heart) and they're charging 60 bucks for the PC version...outrageous. The campaign is also not quite what COD4 was.killing off the player's character was awesome the first time but now they do it like 4 times. It gets old.

I'm looking forward to the next battlefield, saw some video of it and it looked great. I can't believe I forgot to mention Dragon Age, that was great, spent about 80 hours on it right away and couldn't stop.

I'm a ps3 gamer. Sometimes I'm totally addicted...
It's been Cod4 only, I loved that game. MW2 is really good, but gets boring because of the server issues, especially bad for me since I'm in Australia...

Actually the best thing about playing the cod games, is being a girl and kicking ass in a 'mans' game.

I have a ps3, as I don't upgrade my computer anymore (mainly using it for the internet and other hobbies). I don't really do online gaming that much, other than occasionally coop if the game have that feature. My favorite game this gen is uncharted 2 and bayonetta, that's pretty much it, they're the only games I beat more than once or twice. (bayonetta is a bad port however).

I bought Assassin's creed 2 but I kind of regretted it, it is a good game interms of production value, they did a lot of things right, but after the first few hours, it's pretty much the same for the rest of the game and it's only for collection's sake, and it's REALLY boring because everything are so easy (most enemies die with a press of 1 button), it's mindless. Works well as an "adventure" game however, as it's not a difficult game at all, but it does get really repetitive, definitely a rent if you just want to play it, unless you're a bit sandbox game fan and likes the atmosphere and doing random stuff.

I'm still playing Oblivion ;)

It'd be awesome if we could all join an MMO to play together. I still have a WoW account, but the internet here is too slow for me to use it :(

I have a PS3. The games I play most at the moment are probably my college football game, Fallout3, and Dragon Age: Origins.

I do play a few PC games like Civ4 and Sim City 4, but my laptop isnt really built for heavy gaming.

Ekstra said:
Got a 1080p monitor waiting for it :p I'm so into the Metal Gear Solid universe, It's been very difficult holding it off number 4 for so long.

I can assure you MGS4 wont disappoint. Probably is the best in the series for me. You sould also really like Infamous.

Forget about your 360s and PS3s, all you need is

sega_megadrive_portable.jpg

and

mortal-kombat-controller.JPG

:D

Fallout 3 is a really good game. Coverage, I pay homage to your avatar. Anyone out there crazy about trophies or achievement points?

i play a lotta games spent a lot of time on oblivion, fallout3 but im currently mainly playing COD4
oh my psn id is thewrathofjay

Ahh games. I used to play a lot of table top rpgs back when I had friends. Don't play anymore, but I remember having a lot of fun with them.

Aside from that I only ever got into two games: Morrowind, and Diablo 2. My my, what fun times. This makes me feel old though.

Aside from that I only ever got into two games: Morrowind, and Diablo 2. My my, what fun times. This makes me feel old though.

Some people probably still plays Diablo 2 believe it or not, and they recently released (or releasing?) a patch too, if that makes you feel younger ;), and diablo 3 is still not out!

lol! diablo 2 is epic except i didnt sign in for a while and lost all my hard work :-/.

morrowind is the best rpg game ever u just need to get the infinate view distance mod on it!

Ahh morrowind...

I actually got really into modding it for a while. I made one mod from scratch that added spells that merged 5 soul gems into one soul gem of the next tier. Used scripting and all that. Fun fun, but it eats much time, and I was less happy in general while playing video games. Talk about time consumption, don't even get me started on diablo...

Zone of the enders: the second runner for ps2 is one of my all time favorite games. And the series was created by Hideo Kojima, the one behind the Metal Gear Solid series. So, you know the game has to be awesome. Fast paced action game with Mech Warrior types of machines and Ancient egyptian elements added. *drools* I hope he makes a 3rd.

Hey, I like RPG and action/adventure games just like the best of them. But nothing beats a fast paced hack and slash game!!!! Sometimes RPG games take forever to get it going and the story sometimes gets in the way of gameplay. Its like you are watching too many cut scenes and are not playing enough.. here is some video from that game..

[youtube]O5jZ-920YmA[/youtube]

Another game that I played a while back for ps2 that I loved because of the constant action and suspense was the game "Chaos Legion". check it out.

[youtube]JF8SVDdd6ZU[/youtube]

Here is another one that is going to be coming out for the wii sometime soon that I really want to get "Red Steel 2"

[youtube]U9-Bww2Wvis[/youtube]

I finished Metal gear solid 4. What a trip that was. I just feel so fulfilled, it was absolutely sublime, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a game that much.

Latest posts

Back