Old Pictures

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And without the hokey captions you usually find on it.

i1a548.jpg

Minus said:
Twitchy said:
I'm glad they put the sign up so we'd know how efficient it was. :)

There are electrical items in there at a time when towns were still in the process of getting wired for electricity. The light fixtures are still patterned after the gaslights. There is what may possibly be a telephone on the wall, not an item found in every house in those days. I can't tell if the box by the lady is an early refrigerator from when they looked like cabinets and had refrigerating unit on top. That appears to be a raised power box on the floor. What ever is plugged in there most have been something of a wonder it's self at the time. Looks like even an electric fan in the back right. Yes, i get too amused with these old pictures.

I am also amused with those ancient electrical appliances. All I saw is the television but I did not yet see the photos of old electric fans. Even now, I'm still curious on how they invented it.

Yeah someone has me digging out all the old movies.

Generalissimo Chiang Kai Shek, Roosevelt, and Churchill
Cairo_conference.jpg

I just love that a minor Dictator is sitting with Roosevelt and Churchill. Although, compared to Mao, he was no dictator at all.

Love this thread! By the way, does anybody know why somebody all those years ago thought to take a picture of a little boy and a rooster XD ? I'd like to know the story behind it.

Minus said:

Minus said:
After you take your lion out for a ride, then you must have to clean him up.

15g9jpz.jpg

soo cute ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old pictures, books, news print (old stuff in general) always bring a particular kind of joy to me.

Broken_Doll said:
Love this thread! By the way, does anybody know why somebody all those years ago thought to take a picture of a little boy and a rooster XD ? I'd like to know the story behind it.

I have no idea, it is one that makes me wonder what the idea behind it was. If someone decides to put a cigarette in a little kids mouth and take a picture of him with a rooster then they are just attempting to be bizarre, but i get the impression that isn't the case here. That it actually is something in that their is something behind it.

There is a band on the roosters leg which i would guess means that it wasn't just pulled out of the barnyard.

@ Minus: Only thing I can think of is maybe the cockerell is actually giant and they wanted to show how big it was or something... I don't know, all I know is that Icertainly can't think if any other reason why I'd get a small child and a cockerell and take a photograph like that LOL.

I maybe wrong but I think the rooster is some kind of a lucky charm. Because my father also has a photo where he sat beside a rooster and he looks funny though. LOL

That could be.

"In many countries the rooster is a symbol of good luck, prosperity, strength and fertility. It is believed to chase bad spirits away, crowing when most people are still sleeping."

If that is it, the cigarette is still a curiosity. At least i don't think parents ever commonly gave their children cigarettes.

The kid seems too serious to represent a kid in that pic..

He represents a small adult maybe.

Broken_Doll said:
@ Minus: Only thing I can think of is maybe the cockerell is actually giant and they wanted to show how big it was or something... I don't know, all I know is that Icertainly can't think if any other reason why I'd get a small child and a cockerell and take a photograph like that LOL.

That is possible. It does look like a very large rooster. Still the cigarette in the kids mouth seems unusual. Maybe...

2woehj7.jpg

Latest posts

Back