Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Pictures
Love this thread! By the way, does anybody know why somebody all those years ago thought to take a picture of a little boy and a rooster XD ? I'd like to know the story behind it.
"There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don't know how..."

I am wearing a coat of knives.
Just try to hold me.
Just try to hold me.

Just try and hold me." -Anis Mojgani-The bedroom is a morgue
I don't know, but the guy was a genius Big Grin
Je ne suis ni dieu ni démon,
Et tu m'as nommé par mon nom
Quand tu m'as appelé ton frère ;
Où tu vas, j'y serai toujours,
Jusques au dernier de tes jours,
Où j'irai m'asseoir sur ta pierre.
(10-17-2010, 01:48 AM)Minus Wrote: [Image: i1a548.jpg]

(07-20-2010, 03:56 AM)Minus Wrote: After you take your lion out for a ride, then you must have to clean him up.

[Image: 15g9jpz.jpg]

soo cute ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old pictures, books, news print (old stuff in general) always bring a particular kind of joy to me.
(03-10-2011, 01:06 PM)Broken_Doll Wrote: Love this thread! By the way, does anybody know why somebody all those years ago thought to take a picture of a little boy and a rooster XD ? I'd like to know the story behind it.

I have no idea, it is one that makes me wonder what the idea behind it was. If someone decides to put a cigarette in a little kids mouth and take a picture of him with a rooster then they are just attempting to be bizarre, but i get the impression that isn't the case here. That it actually is something in that their is something behind it.

There is a band on the roosters leg which i would guess means that it wasn't just pulled out of the barnyard.
@ Minus: Only thing I can think of is maybe the cockerell is actually giant and they wanted to show how big it was or something... I don't know, all I know is that Icertainly can't think if any other reason why I'd get a small child and a cockerell and take a photograph like that LOL.
"There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don't know how..."

I am wearing a coat of knives.
Just try to hold me.
Just try to hold me.

Just try and hold me." -Anis Mojgani-The bedroom is a morgue
I maybe wrong but I think the rooster is some kind of a lucky charm. Because my father also has a photo where he sat beside a rooster and he looks funny though. LOL
That could be.

"In many countries the rooster is a symbol of good luck, prosperity, strength and fertility. It is believed to chase bad spirits away, crowing when most people are still sleeping."

If that is it, the cigarette is still a curiosity. At least i don't think parents ever commonly gave their children cigarettes.
The kid seems too serious to represent a kid in that pic..
He represents a small adult maybe.
(03-11-2011, 01:36 PM)Broken_Doll Wrote: @ Minus: Only thing I can think of is maybe the cockerell is actually giant and they wanted to show how big it was or something... I don't know, all I know is that Icertainly can't think if any other reason why I'd get a small child and a cockerell and take a photograph like that LOL.

That is possible. It does look like a very large rooster. Still the cigarette in the kids mouth seems unusual. Maybe...

[Image: 2woehj7.jpg]
[Image: azsya2.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pictures - Other Minus 566 97,445 10-22-2019, 10:37 PM
Last Post: ahsatan
  FUNNY PICTURES!!! NeverMore 1,175 245,745 09-13-2019, 01:19 AM
Last Post: harper
  d-day pictures then and now :o zibafu 2 2,175 06-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Last Post: sk66rc
  Scary Pictures **INCLUDES SPIDERS** tangerinedream 22 8,588 08-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Gutted
  Pictures at an Exhibition Phaedron 0 1,970 10-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Phaedron
  Some fire pictures Brian 4 3,738 08-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Last Post: cheaptrickfan
  Pripyat in Pictures (image heavy) Twitchy 11 12,923 03-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  [R3]Sad pictures Caesium 30 10,116 08-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Naval_Fluff