A world of bleeding hearts...does everyone experience loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

Maybe it's you, or a family member or friend...
Maybe it's the bus driver that you see every morning...
Perhaps it's the senior that you see taking her daily early morning walks;
Or the teenage boy at the grocery store checking out your items...

Is everyone lonely at heart?
Will everyone experience loneliness at some point in their lives?

The loneliness which I am referring to - is not the feeling of just wanting company on a Friday night - but a powerful, surging feeling of solitude...isolation...emptiness...

Some nights, I'll just stare out my window and watch the stars...
For how long?
I don't know.
But often, I just ask myself...
"I wonder if someone is watching along with me"

But no...
It just seems that everyone is moving forward; continually evolving...
They have family, friends, love...
They have had more than their share of life's many experiences...

But I also wonder...if any of it is genuine...
How can some people laugh everyday?
I wonder if they are forcing their laughter - like how I often do so as to "lighten" up other people's perception of me...

What is it that makes them so different from me?
I have been unable to connect with anyone - not even with my family...
I wish I could meet people who would understand...
Lonely people are ostracized from society...
Or is it that everyone is lonely?
Just pretending..."faking it until they make it"..?

My conjecture is that people certainly do. If you look at how many people we've come into contact with through this message board. But we all admit our loneliness. Others may not. Others may mask it with the amount of friends they have. Not everything is what it seems to be. The bane and boon of loneliness may prevent or provoke you to get rid of your loneliness or hang on to it. I think that goes for many people. But what do I know of, except for the surety of my own solitude? Just my 2 cents.

It is not all people, just some... For many there are days that come, and days that go... None of them any more or any less than the day before... But they are different to yours, and different to mine...

And it is not all people who have full lives, or even empty ones, laugh not at all or all the time, most really are just like you and me...

Beyond the walls that close us in, is the same world we share with all those others who have no walls... The trick is knowing what your walls are made of... And if they are too tall to see over... You have to trust that life outside will not harm you...

Everyone experiences loneliness at various points in their lives, however I'd say that a majority of people do not feel the type of loneliness that would bring them to a forum such as A.L.L.

You can never tell what a person is going through just by looking at them. Lonliness is one of those roadblocks in life....one of many you have to face and overcome. Overcoming it is easier for some than it is for others.

Coverage said:
Everyone experiences loneliness at various points in their lives, however I'd say that a majority of people do not feel the type of loneliness that would bring them to a forum such as A.L.L.

You can never tell what a person is going through just by looking at them. Lonliness is one of those roadblocks in life....one of many you have to face and overcome. Overcoming it is easier for some than it is for others.
Quoted for truth. I would say that everyone samples it at some point, though only a minority of people actually lead lonely lives as opposed to lonely chapters of life. It's for this reason I believe that so many think they know what it's like to deal with it daily when actually they've only undergone it for a comparatively brief period.

I can't speak for other people...
I've had plenty of lonely experince in my life even if there were people in my life or while I was in a relationship.
Hell...I've even isolate myself from everyone and everything for a couple of years.
I basically thought life was retarded and piontless..
That was totally narley man. I developed cabin fever.lol
Trying to get back into the main stream of live had been totally awesume....My body gose into total withdraw
being around people. I felt sick and wanted to vomit being around people.

ChaNGES or the process of getting well.....
It started the day when I sign up on this forum over a year ago.
I met many, many wonderful loving people on here..and i love everyone of you all for trying to help me,
for being there for me when I really need someone to talk to or just listen to me.
It wasn't easy...changes happened slowly..but I knew people cares and loves me.
Gradually I was able to learn how to trust again and want to live again. Then i was able to transfer
that in face to face with people.

I'm doing much better today but i still have my moments....
Anywho....
I was standing in a check out counter line last weekend.
Everything was fine...I was actaully talking to a friend on my cell phone, joking and luaghing.
Then it hit me like a ton of bricks...
I had to rush out of the store becuase tears were running down face.
I went into uncontrollable crying as soon as I made it in my car.
I sat and cried for hours and couldn't stopped...
All the emptiness, loneliness, regrets, hurt, anger, shame , guilt feelings hitted me....
I felt life was just so fucken retarded...
For a while...I didn't want to be around anyone...
I didn't wanted to be touched, told what to do or even looked at...I just wanted to be fucken alone....
Nothing...absolutely nothing anyone say or do will change the way I feel when I get that way...I've been there.
I just had to ride it out and process my feelings for what they were without hurting anyone or being judged....
That's why I don't like being around people when I get anxiety attacks...People fucken trip out and started judging me....
Yet they're totally fucken clueless of whats going on inside of me. And i don't really feel like explaning myself or have a fucken
chat when I'm crying my heart out...It hurts so fucken bad , i can't even explain it.

What triggered it?????
The woman standing in line in front of me looks just like Jenni.
It has been almost 2 years since Jenni death.
I don't think about her everyday anymore like I used too.
I know I must carry on without her.
At the sametime I don't ever want to forget her. I miss her sometimes....

There's been possitive changes in my life.
Someone that I love every, very much had step back into my life again.
She's been supportive of me. It hasn't been easy either one of us.
It's been very difficult for her to even talk to me.
I'm very grateful that she's taking the time , energy to reach out to me.
I love her very much and i know she loves me just the same.
I don't know whats going to happen in the future.
I just try and do the best as I can...

Latest posts

Back