They're Angels...Until You See Them Behind The Steering Wheel

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundasapenguin

Reaction score
I am Malaysian. And **** proud of it *hic*
Do you know of people who are perfectly nice folks? Mild mannered, gentle, sweet people.

Until you put them behind the wheel of the car.

And then...its like...rawrrrrrrrrrrr, they turn into the meanest, leanest cursing machine ever!

There was this colleague of mine whom I've known for a good few months now. Always was a sweet person, I never hear her cuss at all in the office until the day she offered to drive the rest of us out for lunch in her car.

The woman who sat behind that wheel seemed to have done a massive 'transformer' routine coz when her feet hit the gas and her car joined the traffic, I heard so many cuss words that even I've never known existed.

Is this just an isolated incident or have any of you guys actually encountered other people like this as well?

hahah that's kind of funny
well dictating from my socail psychology class thee situation will often dictate what kind of person someone is

ya something about cars,

i can get kinda haywire in them as well

especially the freakin red lights, if they had feelings i could make them cry

just enjoy their company outside of cars

:)

Yeah I'm generally a calm person, but I can tend to be overly impatient while driving. Especially if I'm starting to run late for something, then I can start saying...certain things.

roundasapenguin said:
Is this just an isolated incident or have any of you guys actually encountered other people like this as well?

No, there is a large number of people who once behind the wheel transform transform into something rude and aggressive, using a vehicle to treat others in a manner that they would never do face to face.

well that only happens to me when I've walked into one of those kiddie arcade centres and play the 'bash-the-mole' game. Y'know...one of those with multiple holes and heads of moles peeking out at random holes at random times? you gotta bash them to score points and I do it with so much gusto! Like "Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gawdammit dieeeeeeeeeeeeee *bash bash bash* dieeeeeeeeee *bash**kick**makes menancing face"

*ahem*

Aside from that, I'm relatively a calm and controlled person :p

roundasapenguin said:
well that only happens to me when I've walked into one of those kiddie arcade centres and play the 'bash-the-mole' game. Y'know...one of those with multiple holes and heads of moles peeking out at random holes at random times? you gotta bash them to score points and I do it with so much gusto! Like "Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gawdammit dieeeeeeeeeeeeee *bash bash bash* dieeeeeeeeee *bash**kick**makes menancing face"

*ahem*

Aside from that, I'm relatively a calm and controlled person :p

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight we believe you >_>

You need a replica of the car from Mad Max. People will think twice about screwing with someone behind the wheel of the last V8 Interceptor.

Big%20Block%20ready%20for%20show%207.JPG

haha all people can get road rage some are worse than others. i get pretty mad sometimes but theres some dumb drivers out there.
just this morning for instance i passed 2 lorries that weere in a layby and then the police speed trap hidden behind **** ******* ******** i was doing 5-10 over the limit so i guess ill find out if i got caught before the end of the week when a bill comes in :-(

p.s if someone gave me the keys to the mad max car i would be dead withing the hour but i assure you i would be smiling.

It happens to alot of people who cannot drive well/dont feel comfortable in a car, and blame all there mistakes on other people. i guess its also a way of seing who they really are :p

I am endlessly enraged by people who drive under the speed limit on perfectly dry, clear roads. And people who get absorbed in their cell phones talking and texting while they drive. I won't prosecute a brief phone call if your eyes stay on the road and you can actually do two things at once and pay attention; but too many people get wrapped up in conversations that span the length of their commute. Or worse, they text. I hate those people.

And I'll tell you a secret: driving an ambulance is an endless source of rage when you realize just how many oblivious, stupid people have cars. Driving normally, no lights or sirens, people seem to think you can stop on a dime. They pull out right in front of you and never signal for turns, and tailgate you coming up to intersections because you have to slow down early. Though this is true for any vehicle bigger than a 3/4 ton pickup.

But turn on the lights and the siren, and it's like some people don't even see you. You come to realize that only about 45% of drivers pay attention to their surroundings or look in their rearview mirror. I've been behind people for up to five minutes before they realize I'm there and pull over; and yet you have to maintain a safe following distance behind them, because some people just plain slam on the brakes.

Then I had one instance where there was moderate traffic on a two lane highway. EVERY CAR in both directions pulled over except for the one two cars ahead of me. She just steered around them at first like the Red Sea was parting for her for some reason. Then she sees me and frantically tries to pull over, ALMOST HITTING THREE OTHER CARS. Her window was down so I blasted my airhorn in rage as I passed. I hope she can't hear that cell phone anymore. There's a line of traffic pulling over on both sides of the road, lady! How are you so oblivious! How are you so dumb! HOOOWW HOW HOW HOW?!

Long story short: I WISH I WAS THE ONLY DRIVER ON THE ROAD SOMETIMES, IT MAKES ME TYPE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IM SO MAD.

Actually, I wish I had a brick in my car. For every idiotic driver who pisses me off, i wish the world was so simple that I could just

1. wind down the window
2. take brick from inside of car
3. throw said brick at idiotic driver
4. flash the middle finger
5. drive off whistling to "We Wish You A Merry Christmas"

Yeah. I'm having an Alley McBeal moment, don't mind me :p

I stay pretty calm while driving, usually I just laugh at the idiots :)

If I have someone tailgating me I slow down, press the brakes gently, but erratically (just enough to annoy them.. hint get the ____ off my ass), at least in city traffic. On the highway I just stay the hell away from them and give myself plenty of room should they do something stupid.

Oh yeah, and if you're tailgating me don't think I'll stop you from hitting me, go ahead, seriously, you'll be paying the damages for a rear end collision and I could use a new bumper anyway :D, already had a lady on a cell phone do that to me while I was stopped at a red light.

At the same time if I see a red light up ahead, or traffic is not moving I often make room for people to change lanes or wave them in, if they signaled properly.. if not, screw em :).

As long as you're careful and drive defensively (predict the stupidity of others) it can be entertaining.

There are certainly some people I've been in the car with who scare the hell out of me though, tailgating on the highway (what the hell do they think they would do if the guy ahead hit the brakes to avoid an animal... :rolleyes2: ) and weaving through traffic, cursing all the while... I instinctively tighten my seat belt and swear to myself never to be a passenger in their car again.

Ah driving can be fun :p :club:

I have to admit I am one of them ppl that get angry at other road users.
Last year my new years resolution was to be a moor calm driver.
I failed at that after about 2 days when I got stuck behind a 4x4 that was doing 20 MPH less then the speed limit that I could not get past cos of on coming traffic. There was no reason that who ever was driving that car had to be going so slow. I swear they do it on purpose just to do my head in lol

This year am going to try and stay calm again when out on the road. Looking at it logically there is nothing I can do about how other ppl drive so I might as well just stayed chilled. Am going to try and find the art of doing that no matter how slow or stupid other ppl drive. Hopefully I beat my record of 2 days this time :$

Latest posts

Back