A good thing today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solkindersol

Reaction score
I take care of my mother who has dementia. Other than that, I am alone. No friends and no other family. I am a misfit. When my mother passes away, I want to volunteer somewhere to help others who are suffering because they don't fit in and are alone. When I realize that others are suffering the same things I am, I realize that we are truly not alone.

This afternoon, a car stopped to ask me directions to a place. It may sound pitiful, but I was grateful for the human contact. Then, an old man on the street complained to me about his pacemaker and his doctors. I was glad for the opportunity to listen. These may sound like pitiful things to be grateful for, but they made my day.

I am glad that you got the chance for some contact. Pitiful? I really couldn't say because sometimes even a smile from a stranger can make my day.

that's great that you can take happyness out of those little things in life, i often have trouble with this

therefore i admire this ability of yours

:)

i hope yo continue to smile my friend

:)

solkindersol said:
I take care of my mother who has dementia. Other than that, I am alone. No friends and no other family. I am a misfit. When my mother passes away, I want to volunteer somewhere to help others who are suffering because they don't fit in and are alone. When I realize that others are suffering the same things I am, I realize that we are truly not alone.

This afternoon, a car stopped to ask me directions to a place. It may sound pitiful, but I was grateful for the human contact. Then, an old man on the street complained to me about his pacemaker and his doctors. I was glad for the opportunity to listen. These may sound like pitiful things to be grateful for, but they made my day.

that must be really hard to see your mom that way. and you have no one to share it with. I used to work with Alzheimer's and patients with dementia. it was very hard on the families.

i know what you mean about being grateful for the brief human contact. i went to pick up some fedex mail from the front office and it was the first person, other then my husband, that ive talked to for a week. i also feel pathetic, but grateful for it.

its good that you have a plan. i also plan to start volunteering for the YMCA. i think putting my skills to work will help alleviate my depression.

That's a lovely story and you are a truly wonderful and inspirational person. I do agree with everyone here; those little bits of contact can really brighten your day

Its not pitiful at all I've had the same sorts of experiences. A girl once started up a chat on the train station and that was nice and I once told a lady her purse had fallen out of her bag and she was really grateful. Made me smile.

Latest posts

Back