-

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shells

I had a panic attack during my final math exam. Completely, and totally, bombed it, I am sure. I completely froze after reaching a problem that looked like gibberish to me. Then I blanked out on everything shortly thereafter.

I nearly turned in a blank exam. I cried after the class was over, felt like I was trapped and couldn't breathe. Tried to call my grandma to just have someone sit on the phone with me for awhile until I could stop hyperventilating. Bad move. "Get over yourself", "you won't get through college", "you have to just get over it." Maybe she's right.

Right now, I feel so low and stupid. Angry at myself for not being able to keep it together.

I am sorry you had such a difficult time. I too had a math final today and for awhile i was wondering if i should just turn it in blank. A lot looked like gibberish, other stuff looked rather simple but i was still drawing a blank on where to start the problems. I just wanted to get away from the thing. I think i need to try to relax before tests rather then getting some last second cramming done.

Hopefully you did better on the tests then you are thinking that you did.

Thas terrible :( sorry to hear... panic attacks are none too fun... specially the black out ones....

Don't be feelin the dumb beat yourself up feelin's... thems is useless... just know you did your best, that's what counts, and the fact it upset you so much shows how important this is to you so remember that and keep truckin'! I'm not sure what your major is or anything, think u mighta said, but forgot... anywho... unless you need math for it, you probably won't have to worry about alot of that stuff anyway, but i know u gosta pass classes and get teh credits and stuff... perhaps you could ask your professor about the situation and get a re-take or get a tutor or somethin... anyway

do'nt be beatin' up on teh self... it's bad news for your feelin's...

sounds like maybe your grandma is oldschool so i wuldn't go taking her advice :/ maybe she even jelous... times have changed... teh womens be independent now and all that... just keep your head high...

at least your in school and have a chance... look at this loser lol... 24 haven't even been to college yet... and even if i was in college i have no ambition to become anything lol...and no job... prolly doesn't make you feel better, but just hang in there keep the shells head high... dun listen to silly oldschool grandma talk... and keep at it... ok! don't beat urself up eifer it's bad for ur emotionals... :( ;)

Have you talked to your math teacher? Some are quite understanding about things. I had a similar incident in a college calculus course.

study REALLY REALLY REALLY well
then go 3 the lecturer and tell him/her that you blanked out in the exam but you know the work and feel that the score there will not reflect your knowledge ..in my uni you will get an oral exam... maybe in yours they will give you a make up test..not sure

but try it ..it works EXCEPT these make up test are hard as hell sooooo study like crazy for it.

shells said:
I had a panic attack during my final math exam. Completely, and totally, bombed it, I am sure. I completely froze after reaching a problem that looked like gibberish to me. Then I blanked out on everything shortly thereafter.

I nearly turned in a blank exam. I cried after the class was over, felt like I was trapped and couldn't breathe. Tried to call my grandma to just have someone sit on the phone with me for awhile until I could stop hyperventilating. Bad move. "Get over yourself", "you won't get through college", "you have to just get over it." Maybe she's right.

Right now, I feel so low and stupid. Angry at myself for not being able to keep it together.

Minus: Thanks. I hope so, too. I hope you did well on your exam as well.

Yesm: Ehh, I know my grandma means well... She just sucks at conveying it sometimes. Thank you for sending positive waves my way =)

Coricopat: Yeah... He knows I was one of the last ones in the class room. I saw him after class and tried to explain to him what happened. I still was in a it of panic. I wasn't very coherent and he had a hard time understanding me.

Jales: There is no make up exam... This is a really anal professor and I have tried to explain to him that I have difficulty in math. I've been going to tutoring for weeks. It's been thirty dollars a session, so it's been pretty expensive... What a waste, I feel so stupid. I even did the final exam review and re-did some of my homework and looked over my previous tests.

Those are good suggestions, and I appreciate all of the help you guys gave.

I know and see people making a couple thousands dallor a day.
It's legal too....

It's not rocket science nor glamarous work..
I'm pretty sure these people knows how to count money.
They all smile. honeysuckle...they don't even have to go to the bank.
Heck they don't even dress nice or have an office with a fucken window.

With that kind of doe rolling in...I wouldn't be flashing it either.
And who the hell wants to sit in an office stairing at 4 walls all day
when you can honeysuckle money?

My friend owns his own bussiness. He dosn't have a college education...
He knows how to count money too...He makes grips of it.

shells said:
... I feel so stupid. I even did the final exam review and re-did some of my homework and looked over my previous tests.

I can understand how it can make you feel stupid because it has done that to me also. I am not sure that we should accept that. My class started the semester with 35 people and ended with 10 people. I don't know what that means but something is going on there.

I was really surprised at the number of people i saw struggling with math at all levels. I would stop in to see the tutor and she would already be busy with a half dozen people from three different math levels. At one time or another i saw over a third of my class at the tutors. There were some that i never saw there that i knew were also struggling.

Some of the people i saw getting tutored in math would surprise me. One example was a guy i knew who had worked as an engineer and draftsman for decades, but recently found himself back in school. There he was getting tutored in math. It seems that even highly intelligent people can struggle with it. It seems that even in engineer you don't use some of that stuff enough to retain it.

I understand how it can make you feel stupid but after what i have seen this semester, i don't think we can accept it as proof.

Latest posts

Back